Twitter/Kiss/Ten

I can't remember who the comedian was who claimed he posted from a train that he was hungry and a load of his followers turned up at a train station on his route to give him pizza. He was obviously a w**k, but it said it all for me about the kid of people that use Twitter.

It was Jimmy Carr. I mind seeing it as well on the Graham Norton Show I think.

Just dont understand why people need to find out what celebs are up too. It just seems too much 'Big Brother' to me, where people are more interested in other peoples life than their own.

The best advice

Open front door

Walk outside

Get your own life.

To be fair, most people I know don't use it for that. I've got it and follow about 230 people. I never post anything on it and don't see point as I have nothing interesting to say. However, I follow football and F1 journalists as you get news and rumours first, some bands I like as you find out when they're touring and stuff, and some politicians. If someone wasn't posting up anything interesting I just wouldn't follow them.

Its not about making friends or informing the world what I'm doing for me, but its pretty much a news feed.

To be fair, most people I know don't use it for that. I've got it and follow about 230 people. I never post anything on it and don't see point as I have nothing interesting to say. However, I follow football and F1 journalists as you get news and rumours first, some bands I like as you find out when they're touring and stuff, and some politicians. If someone wasn't posting up anything interesting I just wouldn't follow them.

Its not about making friends or informing the world what I'm doing for me, but its pretty much a news feed.

Exactly. I don't bother making tweets as I've no interest in telling the world I'm about to take a piss and I don't think they'd be interested to read it. Twitter can be a really useful source of news/rumours. It's important to build up a big list of interesting folk to follow so it's constantly updating.

Just dont understand why people need to find out what celebs are up too. It just seems too much 'Big Brother' to me, where people are more interested in other peoples life than their own.

The best advice

Open front door

Walk outside

Get your own life.

But there you are, on p&b, during the close season, at 5:38am.

Same here. I tried it to see what all the fuss was about. I made two posts, realised I was talking to myself, and gave up leaving the account dormant. I went back three months later only to find I now had over 100 followers who were reading me not say anything at all. At that point I cancelled my account. It just seems like a ridiculous waste of time.

I can't remember who the comedian was who claimed he posted from a train that he was hungry and a load of his followers turned up at a train station on his route to give him pizza. He was obviously a w**k, but it said it all for me about the kid of people that use Twitter.

I believe it was Marcus Brigstock and he managed to get someone to bring a pasty to every station they stopped at.

I got rid of mine after a 7-0 hiding last season.

12 pints down in the evening and I told one of the players to 'go and f**k yourself' on twitter, leading to a hysterical overreaction from the internet as Ayr fans climbed over each other to defend the player and voice their indignation at me.

Thought I'd best leave it.

Edited by Monster

I use twitter.

I'm not following that many people(24) Bands mostly,I have some football ones,also twittertainment,and David Harmon doing the tour de France on twitter.

I use it to network with other teachers - I'm sure there are other ways of doing it, but I've been able to source some really good resources and share it instantly with over 100 other teachers using it. Works for me.

I got rid of mine after a 7-0 hiding last season.

12 pints down in the evening and I told one of the players to 'go and f**k yourself' on twitter, leading to a hysterical overreaction from the internet as Ayr fans climbed over each other to defend the player and voice their indignation at me.

Thought I'd best leave it.

I refuse to believe this part happened. It's inconceivable.

I was very skeptical to begin with but have found myself getting quite into it and find myself checking twitter more than I would ever check facebook

I dont tend to tweet a lot but most of what I do is in response to others

Its very good for keeping up with football gossip from all the football journos etc. and was fantastic during the WC all these guys tweeting live from the games (Henry Winter, DT Guarian, Oliver Kay etc.)

I follow a couple of celebs just for the hell of it but most of those im following tend to be sports, news, gadgets and local stuff

watch out for follow fridays where people suggest other twitter accounts to follow

There is also some funny stuff on there - Like Fake Lucas Leiva has recently restarted his twitter and its a funny read - He started it up in the past couple of days after being closed down by the Real Lucas Leiva - some of his stuff about him and Dirk Kuyt fighting to become Rafa's favourite is superb

(these are from around the time of Liverpools euro trip to Madrid due to the ash cloud)

Gone to sit next to Kyrgiakos, Nabil has lost the plot. Don't give that boy sugar. Soto is banging on about being an ancestor of Zeus again

I lent on Sotos chair by accident. Big mistake. Apparently ive 'compromised Olympus'. He's now spouting poetry in Greek with his eyes shut.

Screw that, Soto has an industrial sized tub of Houmous. And no bread. Or spoon. Its like a drink to him. He's a monster.

Kyrgiakos now sitting with the driver. Telling him that he's 'A carnivore, plain and simple. Only the weak and women eat anything green'.

Aquilani and Degen have made a 'den' at the back of the coach out of sleeping bags. Sign on the front of it saying 'No Physios Allowed'

Few ppl in their pyjamas now. Either NGog has a baseball bat down there or hes one blessed, blessed boy. Jesús Christi its like another arm!

Off to try and get some sleep now. Nabil 'n Babel still rapping in Dutch and French together. Kyrgiakos sleeping standing up, fists clenched

Big game tonight. The boss has had me practicing passing backwards again. If in doubt pass to Jamie. Jamie's been practicing his hoofing

Jamie (wearing full LFC kit) just 'wet willied' Glen. The English have such fun. I wish I was one, would Capello notice me?

Brighter note, Pepe brought Uno. Jamie getting really competitive. Hes already hit Plessis & he wasnt even playing. He was 'putting him off'

Big moment for me this, game of noughts and crosses with Dirk. Rafa has set it up. I see the winner of this gaining the seat next to him.

Dirk calls it 'Zeroesh and Oesh'. He hasn't a clue. Luckily I've got first go, I'm shaking, but I know where my cross is going

I won. But Rafa didnt offer me the seat. A moral victory to Lucas though, Dirk keeps punching himself in the arm muttering 'sorry boss'.

Sorry guys, had no connection. Few updates, was woken up very early this morning (6am) - by Kyrgiakos blowing his medieval horn.

He blew it, thrice, and shouted "and so signals the start of a new day", looked to the floor and bowed.

Carra threw his shoe at him & screeched "what fuckin time do you call this you Greek tit" Didnt seem to affect Soto, I think hes in a trance

Pepe refusing to speak Spanish to the locals.Telling everyone he was born in Liverpool & has lived round the corner from Jamies all his life

Jamie and Stevie backing him up. They seem to have redefined his past. 'His da worked on the docks and his ma was a nurse in the Royal'.

Some Gary Caldwell gems too

Off to China Buffet King; "eat what you like for £9" - Gary Caldwell's going to eat their cutlery.

Gary Caldwell sees himself as a Lion-Wolf-Eagle-Shark-Rattlesnake-Owl Hybrid.

bought new boots for the Dons game on Saturday..Ugg boots, f*ck it. I could play in flippers if you asked me. I have done. Talent is talent.

I see myself as a missionary for Total Football, spreading it round the world... I'd like to take it to The Dutch.

I've stood perfectly still for the last 43 minutes.

U try being 2x World Player of the Year, Euro Player of the Year and Golden Boot Winner in your head, then see who's modest.

Gary Caldwell's celtic strip looks like he bought it from Baby Gap. No complaints; It shows off my tower physique perfectly.

What superhero did Gary Caldwell dress up as for Celtics Christmas night out? That's obvious; Gary Caldwell.

Anxiously waiting to hear the world cup draw. I wrote to FIFA requesting to be the 33rd team.

Just passing The Armadillo, or as I like to call it; The Garmadillo. I tried to buy that a few years back, wasn't allowed.

Jordanhill Primary school tomorrow to give a talk about bigotry. That's THEIR plan, the talk will be about Gary Caldwell.

Yorkhill giving out Xmas presents 2moro: Jst printing and signing 300 Gary Caldwell pictures.Better be gettin a refund for this aw this ink.

Walked out on Spiers, he asked me "What's been the highlight of your career so far" - Career? Glittering Legacy more like.

Just off the phone to my agent; offered me a move to Newcastle. I offered Newcastle a move to Gary Caldwell.

People often ask me; "Gary, are you a leg or an @rse man?" My reply is always - I'm a Gary Caldwell man.

People are always saying "Gary Gary! What would u be if not a world class footballer? Model? Astronaught?" - Nelson Mandella

Gary doesn't shower in the morning. I wake up smelling of success, why wash that off? Straight to breakfast.

House hunting in middlesbrough tomorrow: Choosing a house is M'Boro is like trying to decide which STI you'd most like to catch.

1 on 1 with Graham Spiers the morra. If he uses any of his fancy words with Gary Caldwell, I'm going to take them as disrespect.

Every Christmas day Gary Caldwell invites a homeless person into his house for dinner.....Then eats him. Top of the food chain bitches!

Reports coming in that Gary Caldwell's been dissed on the Clyde1 phone in..Gary's looking into it.

• 8 months later...

Just got on it recently, and quite enjoying the football journo's. Mostly a news feed, as despite now following about 400 people, I'm not on quite enough to stay up to date. It's interesting to watch a game though and hear whwat some of the better journalists/least thick footballers make of it. Or try watching Newsnight and follow someone like Dara O'Briain's tweets, ripping the guests. It's clever from that respect as coemdians are actually doing real satire/topical jokes as it's happening right in front of you.

If anyone fancies reading ill-informed football commentary, usually with a Scottish First Division/anti-Jamie Redknapp slant, then feel free to follow 'Dougalai'.

No cyber-bullying please.

The last couple of months has seen a few more fans and clubs doing live updates from games, which has been great for games where you can't get too.

It's also interesting to see the comments from fans of your own team as well as the oppositions - and how they (we) see things differently.

Also the likes of Lybia and Egypt troubles of late have been widely discussed on twitter, as well as many reports and stories from inside the countries where the media are unable to report from.