Twitter/Kiss/Ten

I recently got Twitter and at times I find it can be a bit boring, I don't have many followers so posting is a waste of time and I usually just read what comedians and football sites are posting.

Do any of you have any recommendations of people I should follow? Whether it be funny or interesting.

For example I would recommend following NotKayBurley as it is quite amusing.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I recently got Twitter and at times I find it can be a bit boring, I don't have many followers so posting is a waste of time and I usually just read what comedians and football sites are posting.

Do any of you have any recommendations of people I should follow? Whether it be funny or interesting.

For example I would recommend following NotKayBurley as it is quite amusing.

well I follow mostly celeb types. such as the five live golf team, stephen fry, some american celebs, guidofawlkes, bbc laura k drudge victoria coren, simon pegg bafta the bbc f1 lot. and various others that will be meaning less to you. I think I have about 2 followers -both family <_<

Edited by theentomologist

I follow the golfer Stewart Cink, and occasionally Jimmy Carr.

Still don't understand the big wankfest over the Twitter-whore Stephen Fry, though. He should stick to being funny on TV.

I follow the golfer Stewart Cink, and occasionally Jimmy Carr.

Still don't understand the big wankfest over the Twitter-whore Stephen Fry, though. He should stick to being funny on TV.

Aye he is dull on twitter. I'm not convinced it's all that good twitter. For the few gems of wit you find there are a hundred other tweets like, Just had a shower.

Wife uses Twitter a lot but I don't think it's great shakes. Got a few folk that follow me (mostly family) though God knows why. Use it mainly to follow Ian Rankin, Sarah Churchwell and Blipfoto.

Wife uses Twitter a lot but I don't think it's great shakes. Got a few folk that follow me (mostly family) though God knows why. Use it mainly to follow Ian Rankin, Sarah Churchwell and Blipfoto.

Is Ian Rankin any good to follow? I only have 3 people who follow me and one of them is a fake account I am sure. I don't say anything to merit more followers but it'd be nice to think that people wanted to know things like when I went to the shop and what type of sauce I bought.

The good thing about it is the tweet photos it sort of gives you a bit of a private glimpse and satisfies that tiny bit of a stalker in you.

I had an account around a year ago and, like you, followed "celebrities" - mostly comedians. I would have recommended following Eddie Izzard. His 'tweets' were usually really funny, and he posted pictures of when he was doing his marathon thing. Alan Davies was funny too. Jimmy Carr wasn't too bad either.

I deleted it around a year ago though, as I couldn't be sacked with the spam people adding you all the time. Yes, I would like a free iPhone, but if you're not actually going to give me one then piss off.

Edited by Smurph

I use it to creep on famous people's pages to see if there is anything newsworthy going around.

Quite a lot of journalists seem to use it, so it's probably a good networking thing, but I can't see me getting into it.

Yeah it's good for following journalists too, as they quite often post links to interesting articles, blogs etc. Sid Lowe from the Guardian football site is pretty good.

I follow about 160 celebrities in total. A few footballers - Maurice Edu, Jody Craddock (who posts some of his art) and even Diego Forlan. The downside to him is he selfishly tweets in Spanish, the upside is that he posts photos like an excellent one of the Uruguay players having a barbecue in between world cup games.

Stephen Fry is really boring as has been said.

Three good people to follow are Peter Serafinowicz - http://twitter.com/serafinowicz

Chris Addison - http://twitter.com/mrchrisaddison

& Charlie Brooker - http://twitter.com/charltonbrooker

I use it a fair bit cause alot of people I know use it but I couldn't see the attraction if they didn't.

Yeah it's good for following journalists too, as they quite often post links to interesting articles, blogs etc. Sid Lowe from the Guardian football site is pretty good.

I follow about 160 celebrities in total. A few footballers - Maurice Edu, Jody Craddock (who posts some of his art) and even Diego Forlan. The downside to him is he selfishly tweets in Spanish, the upside is that he posts photos like an excellent one of the Uruguay players having a barbecue in between world cup games.

Stephen Fry is really boring as has been said.

Good shout on Sid Lowe, just followed him and in turn got James Richardson and the rest of the football weekly gang.

Diego Forlan. The downside to him is he selfishly tweets in Spanish, the upside is that he posts photos like an excellent one of the Uruguay players having a barbecue in between world cup games.

That looked the best barbecue ever, tons and tons of steak. Forlan comes across as a sound guy- following him also put an idea in my head about following famous people who speak a different language as a learning aid.

I chop and change who I'm following quite a lot, some of the "celebs" that tweet every 2 minutes about nothing in particular (e.g. Limmy) end up getting bumped, and as mentioned, the guys with zillions of followers like Stephen Fry and Lance Armstrong are pretty dull.

Couple of decent folk I find amusing are england cricketer Graeme Swann @swannyg66 and Patrick Kieltly, @patricKielty, who is miles funnier on twitter than I ever saw him in real life.

I really don't understand this craze to be honest. Fair enough I only had it for 1 day but it just seemed like a poorer version of Facebook. Follow celebs, update your status, etc...

Same here. I tried it to see what all the fuss was about. I made two posts, realised I was talking to myself, and gave up leaving the account dormant. I went back three months later only to find I now had over 100 followers who were reading me not say anything at all. At that point I cancelled my account. It just seems like a ridiculous waste of time.

I can't remember who the comedian was who claimed he posted from a train that he was hungry and a load of his followers turned up at a train station on his route to give him pizza. He was obviously a w**k, but it said it all for me about the kid of people that use Twitter.