3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

He does have a good-sized house but it's not a mansion.  I also doubt there was any noncery there though, of course, one never knows.

There was noncery there. He claimed he was on holiday though.

15 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

There was noncery there. He claimed he was on holiday though.

Yeah just googled that.  It was before he married/moved to his current place.  My youngest was pals with his daughter at primary school for a while so I knew his Mrs reasonably well in a 'school gate maw' / 'quick coffee before you take yours away' sort of way.  They always seemed very normal.

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I only know who this is because Elon Musk thought I’d be interested in some sad act videoing folk and reporting them to the police in the “For Me” tab. F*ck knows why, I don’t really tweet, just follow stuff, none of which is cycling related.

Notwithstanding the illegality of looking at your phone in a stationary vehicle, he did seem like a particularly self-righteous tw@t.

On 24/01/2023 at 22:22, Jambomo said:

Add Cameron McNeish to the list. I used to love the hiking stuff he did and I remember going to see a talk he did years ago during the festival which I really liked.

His political views, mainly spread on Twitter are utterly depressing though, the stuff of Jim Spence and Wings Over Scotland. Maybe it’s because I saw his talk and met him it seems closer to home, but it’s the first real instance I have had where I have felt like the views have now overtaken his work to the extent I no longer enjoy his work and want to get rid of the books I have.

McNeish is pretty universally despised in hillwalking circles.

His books are plagiarised and it's pretty well accepted now he hasn't climbed half the hills he has claimed to. He was going to be sued by the Scottish Mountaineering Council at one point but I belive a private settlement was arranged.

Quite apart from that his writing is fucking  dreadful.

5 hours ago, Snobot said:

I only know who this is because Elon Musk thought I’d be interested in some sad act videoing folk and reporting them to the police in the “For Me” tab. F*ck knows why, I don’t really tweet, just follow stuff, none of which is cycling related.

Notwithstanding the illegality of looking at your phone in a stationary vehicle, he did seem like a particularly self-righteous tw@t.

Maybe Elon thinks you are a childish football fan who likes using the terms "grass" and "nonce", while thinking it's ok to use your phone behind the wheel?

Most of the people won't have been reported to the police because it takes too much effort to report this type of crime to Police Scotland. And if you had seen one of his final videos you'd know that quite a few of those filmed were not stationary when using their phone. 

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:
Maybe Elon thinks you are a childish football fan who likes using the terms "grass" and "nonce", while thinking it's ok to use your phone behind the wheel?

Most of the people won't have been reported to the police because it takes too much effort to report this type of crime to Police Scotland. And if you had seen one of his final videos you'd know that quite a few of those filmed were not stationary when using their phone. 

You're coming across rather noncey.

10 hours ago, Ginaro said:

^ Grass