2 minutes ago, mathematics said:

When was the last time you witnessed a good debate? 

I watched Question Time once, about 30 years ago, didn't happen

I watched Prime Ministers Questions a few times, didn't happen, in fairness, that isn't a debate.

I watched First Ministers Questions once, caused me a severe headache courtesy of banging my head of the wall for 10 minutes because? Yes, you've guessed, it wasn't a debate.

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

I’m aware of the general meaning of the word, but the context I’ve seen it used recently doesn’t match the dictionary definition. Genuinely not trying to trip Oaksoft up or come the c**t, I just see the word used so often now and trying to understand the specific traits that make someone or something ‘woke’. 

He's tripped himself up, as it were.

Although you have to recall he's doing a routine here.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If you want the answer thats in the dictionary, which is the place where we define words, I can’t do much better than the explanations given by @DA Baracus and @Bairnardo and would point you in their direction. If you actually want to fully understand what is causing the division over all this you’d need to be prepared to go beyond the easy obvious “they’re all racists and bigots” answer.

Fixed that for you pal. No charge. 

14 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I’m aware of the general meaning of the word, but the context I’ve seen it used recently doesn’t match the dictionary definition. Genuinely not trying to trip Oaksoft up or come the c**t, I just see the word used so often now and trying to understand the specific traits that make someone or something ‘woke’. 

At one point perhaps it was used as an insult to describe screaming/over-righteous/virtual signalling liberalism but now the likes of Le Tissier, Braverman and Farage use it to essentially describe any form of tolerance or equality or compassionate politics.

In their eyes, the "woke" are more concerned about the environment than letting hard working white van drivers get to funerals on the M1. The "woke" are relaxed in referring to someone with the pronouns they wish to identify with, rather than get enraged by the thought of it. The "woke" are happy for a failed asylum seeker who has been caught shop lifting to remain in the UK and work hard than see them deported to Rwanda. The "woke" sit at home eating Tofu rallying against austerity and the impact of Brexit, rather than embrace isolationism and exceptionalism presented in the form of WW2 like-conditions in the UK. 

Edited by KingRocketman II

13 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

meh; his catty responses can be quite amusing. And unfortunately I have not joined Truth Social yet but tbh I am quite intrigued to see what goes on there....

Doesn't matter how 'amusing' he is; he's a dangerous scumbag and people get hurt because of his nonsense. 

24 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Richard Keys there, who lives in Doha and works for beIN, a Qatari owned sports channel.......

There was a reply that gave food for thought. 

How about if every commentator at the start of the match gave a wee factoid about the number of fatalities during the building of the stadium.