Twitter/Kiss/Ten

Martin Compston ‘not best pleased’ after being accused of singing along to an IRA chant.

One of the best ways to avoid being accused of singing IRA songs is to not associate yourself with one of the very, very few clubs who are known to widely sing IRA songs. Certainly don’t travel half way across the world to stand in a room amongst people who are very clearly singing IRA songs two feet from your face. The outraged stance he’s took in that post seems wildly misplaced after seeing the video in question. 

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Martin Compston ‘not best pleased’ after being accused of singing along to an IRA chant.

One of the best ways to avoid being accused of singing IRA songs is to not associate yourself with one of the very, very few clubs who are known to widely sing IRA songs. Certainly don’t travel half way across the world to stand in a room amongst people who are very clearly singing IRA songs two feet from your face. The outraged stance he’s took in that post seems wildly misplaced after seeing the video in question. 

Aye hes clearly joining in, not a good look for him but there we are. These people live in a different century and are for me exactly why I hate the old firm. Ftof. 

The best thing about the Martin Compston thing is the first statement is when he woke up, clearly still a bit gassed and came out all guns blazing giving it "I'm not the lyric police".

6 hours later he had obviously progressed onto The Fear and had another statement out saying “You will see from the footage, I actually pulled up and told others to stop when the words were being changed.”

Great stuff.

Just now, Detournement said:

The best thing about the Martin Compston thing is the first statement is when he woke up, clearly still a bit gassed and came out all guns blazing giving it "I'm not the lyric police".

6 hours later he had obviously progressed onto The Fear and had another statement out saying “You will see from the footage, I actually pulled up and told others to stop when the words were being changed.”

Great stuff.

I liked the fact that he considers "being asleep" to have been a denial of right to reply. 

On 17/06/2022 at 05:30, IrishBhoy said:

He's worked in Belfast, show some respect. 

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:
China is the future. U2 next then start on the comedians please President Xi. 

What got him banned was Oasis playing a Tibetan Freedom Concert in America in the late 90s which he claims to have no recollection of.  U2 played it as well.  Both sets are on YouTube.  It's a weird watch - both bands seem completely out of place.

6 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

What got him banned was Oasis playing a Tibetan Freedom Concert in America in the late 90s which he claims to have no recollection of.  U2 played it as well.  Both sets are on YouTube.  It's a weird watch - both bands seem completely out of place.

It turns out U2 have never played in China either.

I remember as a teenager Radiohead were into Free Tibet and there was the 7 Years In Tibet film and Scorsese's Kundun and I didn't really question the big, bad China narrative. Then you grow up and discover that Tibet was a slave state, Heinrich Harder was a Nazi and Radiohead are anti Palestine bawbags. Scorsese still a good guy. 

I'm angry because I went on a double date years ago and they wanted to see Seven Years In Tibet, I politely sat through one of the most boring films I've ever seen and never got as much as a kiss on the cheek