There seem to be a lot of people on mainstream Scottish Twitter now that just seem like such hard work to follow.  Vonny LeClerc, Janey Godley, Angela Haggerty, Phil McWhateverhisnameis, Chris McQueer.  They tweet hundreds of times a day and most of the time it's inane, self-aggrandising pish.  Their accounts are (or were) wildly popular given the amount of followers they hoover up but I don't see what benefit there is in following them.

Edited by Highland Capital

5 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

There seem to be a lot of people on mainstream Scottish Twitter now that just seem like such hard work to follow.  Vonny LeClerc, Janey Godley, Angela Haggerty, Phil McWhateverhisnameis, Chris McQueer.  They tweet hundreds of times a day and most of the time it's inane, self-aggrandising pish.  Their accounts are (or were) wildly popular given the amount of followers they hoover up but I don't see what benefit there is in following them.

Luckily for me 3 of them will probably have blocked me and I've never heard of the other 2.

Apart from asking how the cat got there in the first place, I wonder if it landed on it's feet.

I saw another angle of this video two seconds after one of a holographic panther jumping around a stadium so just this cat was the same kind of thing. I was fairly confused when the fan held it up.

On 11/09/2021 at 18:19, Highland Capital said:

There were often times from what I saw that she'd attack people for really nothing and even when what they said was a bit nasty, sometime her replies were even worse.  There really is a lot to say for saying nothing and just letting trolls scream into the abyss. 

Absolutely. We've all been there on Twitter when you type a tweet in response to an idiot and then just go "sod that" and delete it but Godley was completely unable to do that, ignore and walk away. But between her ultra aggressive behaviour on Twitter and the (admittedly edited) stuff people have pulled out of her Podcast where she rambles on using industrial street language and unacceptable terminologies she's been hoist by her own petard. I'm not sure she has been quite fully "cancelled" yet but a period of silence from her would be welcome. 

Her daughter, Ashley Storrie,  who is at the beginning of her career in writing and comedy is probably going to be affected by her mother's online stupidity as well. 

Edited by AndyM

16 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

The VonnMeisterGeneral has been off Twitter for a good while now but absolutely agree.  It's a good way to carve out a career in the media for them though.  Godley has done very well out of it until now, Haggerty landed a gig as a newspaper editor and I see McQueer is now presenting on BBC Scotland. 

17 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Vonny is silent for the moment. 

I had run-in with McGobblegiver as early as 2005 when he became a figure if fun on COTH/Celticminded.com for his chin stroking, self aggrandising nonsense whilst being in fact barely literate. 

he is a total narcissist and complete fantasist.

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

Her daughter, Ashley Storrie,  who is at the beginning of her career in writing and comedy is probably going to be affected by her mother's online stupidity as well. 

I see she's learnt enough to keep her twitter account private.

Chris mcqueer doesn't really fall into that bracket does he? Always seemed like a pretty sound and more importantly drama-free c**t.

Was one of his ex girlfriends no a bit of a nutter on Twitter? I seem to mind one had a rant about people sweating at the gym.

Chris McQueers first book was quite funny, his second not so much but still a good time killer. I think he’s carved out a decent wee career as a tv presenter on the BBC Scotland channel and doesn’t have much drama so fair play to him.

44 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Chris mcqueer doesn't really fall into that bracket does he? Always seemed like a pretty sound and more importantly drama-free c**t.

18 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Was one of his ex girlfriends no a bit of a nutter on Twitter? I seem to mind one had a rant about people sweating at the gym.

Chris McQueers first book was quite funny, his second not so much but still a good time killer. I think he’s carved out a decent wee career as a tv presenter on the BBC Scotland channel and doesn’t have much drama so fair play to him.

I must admit I've not read either of his books but I did follow him for a while on Twitter and quickly found him to be a bit irritating.  Those bits he did on A View From The Terrace were awful too.

What's the story with his girlfriend?  It's been a while since I followed him but I did notice he wasn't with the old girlfriend and was now with some new more-glamourous lady.

Got to be honest, this is getting into Tattle territory speculating about some guy and his girlfriends.

I read a story of his that was published in the National and it was, being charitable, complete and utter garbage. It read like something written by a standard grade student. According to the comments his other books are better though.

15 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

It was caught by fans holding a flag

aye saw it on the news this morning.

Had to chuckle when the lads who caught tried to hold the f*cker up to show everyone it was ok(and probably show off them catching it). The little b*stard wasn't having any of it and proceeded to scratch f*ck oot them.  Good stuff.