12 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Yeah, it’s a fascinating thread but a very mad forum.

There is one fashion vlogger who sells her own nighties who my missus keeps an eye on but she gets torn to bits on that site. Some of its funny but some of it can be a bit cruel. 

For instance this vlogger posted something like "been crazy this week with orders" then the tattle members were able to do an inventory of her stock by attempting to buy the maximum of her things and it turned out she had sold 2 things. 

15 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

That's the one. Ictchris introduced us all to this forum last year which has a couple of quite funny threads about her, including one where her own sister calls her a big bullshitter. That place makes P&B look sane though so be warned

https://tattle.life/threads/vonny-leclerc-3-did-ye-aye.20423/?amp=1

That was a fucking wild read

17 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I think it's quite obvious that Godley has some sort of addiction to social media and the attention from it.  There is (was?) at least four self-praising statements in her Twitter bio and she didn't just lose the head over the slightest troll, she actively went looking for them.  It's often been assumed that some of her superfans are actually just her using a fake account and it does seem that that is likely the case.  

When it comes to Twitter, not replying to a troll is usually more effective than taking them on but Godley replied to every one and when that was finished, went looking for more.  She used to often play the victim when it came to the trolls, but really it was the victimhood she quite enjoyed.

Correct on all counts. Godley's behaviour on and obvious addiction to Twitter I find a bit disturbing. That she would actively search for her name in the app and then respond to tweets about her (which may have been critical of her comedy or just low level abuse) that did not include her is plain weird. There is probably a term for this behaviour.  She just never understood the approach you set out of just ignoring trolls and idiots. Everything was a confrontation which she would actively relish until her horrific language came back to bite her.   

3 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

There is one fashion vlogger who sells her own nighties who my missus keeps an eye on but she gets torn to bits on that site. Some of its funny but some of it can be a bit cruel. 

For instance this vlogger posted something like "been crazy this week with orders" then the tattle members were able to do an inventory of her stock by attempting to buy the maximum of her things and it turned out she had sold 2 things. 

I'm all for lying online to make yourself seem cool and successful. Its lying for sympathy I don't like.

4 hours ago, AndyM said:

Correct on all counts. Godley's behaviour on and obvious addiction to Twitter I find a bit disturbing. That she would actively search for her name in the app and then respond to tweets about her (which may have been critical of her comedy or just low level abuse) that did not include her is plain weird. There is probably a term for this behaviour.  She just never understood the approach you set out of just ignoring trolls and idiots. Everything was a confrontation which she would actively relish until her horrific language came back to bite her.   

There were often times from what I saw that she'd attack people for really nothing and even when what they said was a bit nasty, sometime her replies were even worse.  There really is a lot to say for saying nothing and just letting trolls scream into the abyss. 

Edited by Highland Capital

On 10/09/2021 at 16:38, GordonS said:

Lots of things are subsidised though they're of minority interest, it doesn't matter whether you personally use them or not. You subsidise farmers, opera, Calmac ferries, swimming pools, nuclear bombs, baby boxes, the Queen, cricket... You probably do subsidise the pub, lots of their workers will be on tax credits.

Faith schools aren't "subsidised" anyway. They're paid for in the same way as every other school, and you pay for those whether you use them or not.

There's a helluva lot more to being a human than just what you can prove. 

Sorry for straying off topic again, I wish I had more willpower. 

You've made several points there and I'm not sure that they are connected.
I think (but by all means correct me) that the two most pertinent to this discussion are:

1) Lots of things are subsidised that we as individuals may not like. Okay, yes, I agree.

2) There's more to being a human than just what you can prove. Again, yes, fair point.

However, all that said, what else can you tell me that I pay for, that I subsidise, that also has no basis in fact? The only thing that occurred to me, as per my earlier post, was utter shite like homeopathy being on the NHS. Is there anything else, or is it basically religion?

1 hour ago, HooseLee said:

Wtf? It has to be someone close to her to go that far.  Dirty snidey b*****ds trying to lose someone their income over an online comment is beyond the pale.  

Went on a tour of central station “behind the scenes “ with that gentleman as the guide, unsure if they have started back after yet after COVID but was well worth it very interesting and that’s from someone that has no interest in trains ,I think they now have added more to the tour and a “museum “ since I went .