15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I mean you can look at it that way, but im pretty sure I cannot remember Caroline Flack organising twitter pile ons of people or sending disgusting messages using further racist language to people who dared to criticise her. Caroline Flack was a victim, bullied and abused by people, Janey Godley is a bully who abused people. 

Caroline Flack did almost kill her boyfriend though so there is that.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Caroline Flack was ill, i sincerely doubt she had full capacity at that juncture. Janey Godley uses terms that mocked people without capacity.

Half the country is mentally ill these days, you can't go about caving sleeping people's skulls in.

Flack should have got the jail if she didn't commit suicide and Godley should be banned off social media.

Edited by Detournement

29 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I mean you can look at it that way, but im pretty sure I cannot remember Caroline Flack organising twitter pile ons of people or sending disgusting messages using further racist language to people who dared to criticise her. Caroline Flack was a victim, bullied and abused by people, Janey Godley is a bully who abused people. 

I don’t disagree. At all. But if goes very wrong those who have laid into her heavily will find themselves in the spotlight. I’m not saying that’s fair, but it’s how these things go.

Just now, Detournement said:

So who hit him with the lamp?

Sorry, I just went and checked. The gruesome photograph in the papers of the bloody bed sheets was misleading. That wasn’t his blood, it was hers. It’s also highly likely that she didn’t hit him with a lamp. The assault she was accused of was borderline at best - she was initially due to be cautioned but the police appealed it to get her charged.

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If the blood was hers she would have been taken to hospital for treatment (which didn't happen).

All the PR stuff after her death is bullshit.

I’m pretty sure she was taken to hospital. If you Google it then there are numerous contemporary reports saying she was.

What’s revealing about a lot of the stuff around Flack is that the police look at these things as a publicity exercise. They appealed the CPS decision and the photos were leaked by the police. The PR side of things came from the Met. 

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Sorry, I just went and checked. The gruesome photograph in the papers of the bloody bed sheets was misleading. That wasn’t his blood, it was hers. It’s also highly likely that she didn’t hit him with a lamp. The assault she was accused of was borderline at best - she was initially due to be cautioned but the police appealed it to get her charged.

Indeed.

There are many that have disgrace heaped upon them for both promulgating and believing the filth 

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’m pretty sure she was taken to hospital. If you Google it then there are numerous contemporary reports saying she was.

What’s revealing about a lot of the stuff around Flack is that the police look at these things as a publicity exercise. They appealed the CPS decision and the photos were leaked by the police. The PR side of things came from the Met. 

I deleted cause I got that wrong. 

It still seems to me that she expected to play the affluent white woman card. The CPS may have been willing to do so but fair play to the police for charging. 

Her mother said she was only charged because she was famous which is insane. If Davie the painter decorator's wife phones the police and says he's trying to kill her he's in cuffs, charged with everything the police can think of and in the cells awaiting court without being asked a single question. Flack got massively  favourable treatment she just wasn't the right kind of rich and famous to get away it. 

6 hours ago, AndyM said:

Godley has always been ultra aggressive on Twitter responding to those she sees as trolls. Even when someone tweeted abuse at her the response  was the equivalent of a two footed tackle and often had me going "Christ that's a bit much" so I can't say I'm surprised at this turn of events.  To be fair to her she gets loads of abuse on Twitter, most of it fairly brain dead stuff, but the fact she engages with them and responds with vitriolic, bullying, personal abuse is what has got her into trouble. However the resulting pile on from the usual idiots is poor and reminded me  of when that twat Galloway and his cabal of mental followers attacked that Scots word of the day lassie.  

I think it's quite obvious that Godley has some sort of addiction to social media and the attention from it.  There is (was?) at least four self-praising statements in her Twitter bio and she didn't just lose the head over the slightest troll, she actively went looking for them.  It's often been assumed that some of her superfans are actually just her using a fake account and it does seem that that is likely the case.  

When it comes to Twitter, not replying to a troll is usually more effective than taking them on but Godley replied to every one and when that was finished, went looking for more.  She used to often play the victim when it came to the trolls, but really it was the victimhood she quite enjoyed.

Edited by Highland Capital

I think the lesson we should all take away from this is just to be a bit nicer to each other.

Or if you want to act the c**t do it anonymously.

One of those. 

Angela Haggerty is the worst. Of course there is outing Mhairi Black's partner, bullying behaviour as editor of CommonSpace, defending homophobic remarks by pretending to be bisexual, claiming to be the victim of anti Catholic and anti Irish discrimination growing up on fucking Bute, complaining a racist comment she was called out on was like Ron Jonsons public shaming book and tagging RJ before he completely eviscerated her and she slunk off claiming he had instigated a pile on, threatening trans folk with withdrawing her support for transport rights when they called out her transphobic remarks, platforming Stuart Waiton and various other "liberal free speechers" in Common Space because she was too thick to understand the consequences of what they were saying.

But, She sunk the Sunday Herald after 5 minutes in charge though so swings and roundabouts.

Edited by invergowrie arab

16 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I think it's quite obvious that Godley has some sort of addiction to social media and the attention from it.  There is (was?) at least four self-praising statements in her Twitter bio and she didn't just lose the head over the slightest troll, she actively went looking for them.  It's often been assumed that some of her superfans are actually just her using a fake account and it does seem that that is likely the case.  

When it comes to Twitter, not replying to a troll is usually more effective than taking them on but Godley replied to every one and when that was finished, went looking for more.  She used to often play the victim when it came to the trolls, but really it was the victimhood she quite enjoyed.

The smart Celebrities put the trolls on mute, which is like 'batter on' because they'll never see the comments and the trolls think they're getting to them.