28 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

Douglas Lumsden MSP should be told to feck up and get involved in serious matters involving the country.

Janey Godley should never be employed in any sphere that uses the word 'entertainment'.

Can't believe an elected official follows "Agent P" 

15 hours ago, 101 said:

Can't believe an elected official follows "Agent P" 

Mad old Pauline from Aberdeenshire with her spittle encrusted keyboard moon-howling her rage at someone with a history of being offensive on Twitter just got hit by the Irony Bus.

22 hours ago, PWL said:

Given the current culture of twitter archeology, there will be a hell of a lot of people going through their old posts and likes with red hot delete buttons. 

I think we should take a moment to appreciate how far cancel culture has come. Here we've got Godley absolutely bang to rights with some horrible shit and it's clear that someone out there was simply just waiting for the moment she coined in tax payers money to release this stuff - that's calculated and patient. But if you cast your mind back to the anger there was when normal, everyday person Mhairi Black won a seat in an election and you had every single Tory in the country frothing at the mouth trying to find reasons to keep that sort of peasant out - the best they could dig up was a tweet that said "maths is shite" and they ran with it. Learning in action. 

16 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

No idea if this is real or not but huge if true.

What am I watching here. 

22 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Im not entirely sure but it appears to be a Ukraine player (with hair) wearing a bald cap. 

Why? f**k knows. 

If it's real I have a lot of questions for the player. If it's fake I have a lot of questions for the internet. 

EDIT - having now Googled what the f**k is going on here, there is an entirely reasonable explanation - Ukraine lad had a head injury from a previous game and the bandage used for this game was similar to his skin colour apparently, so it's just a bandage falling off the guys head and we don't have people pretending to be bald, or people making videos to make it look like someone was pretending to be bald. I will sleep tonight. 

Edited by The Moonster

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Assume so.

I actually remember the furore about her tweeting Kanye saying that Scots understand the slave trade because of the highland clearances. What an embarrassment. 

That's one of the tweets dug up by The Beast along with her referring to Kelly Rowland as "a horsey faced black wummin".

There should be a statute of limitations on offensive tweets but then at the same time Godley is very annoying. This is too difficult for me to work out, might as well see what happens.

I'm not the biggest fan of journalists anyway but The Daily Beast really does exclusively hire losers and nerds.

ETA: People are losing perspective if they're commending a Tory MSP on doing literally anything. The guy really just hates the SNP and will do anything to try and damage them.

Edited by NotThePars

If Godley does end up being cancelled by this, that would be the moment for both sides of the Twitter Archaeology War to tactfully call a truce and we can all get back to abusing each other with impunity.

It would be like one of those accidentally positive side effects of War like duct tape or penicillin. 

37 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Several of the most shocking tweets were sent while Rowland was judging The X Factor talent show in Britain in 2011, and it appears Godley took a dislike to how the singer looked and spoke. One tweet read: “Fucksake That horsey face black wummin on Xfactor is flashing her tits...is this not a kids show?” Another said: “Kelly does speak like the stereotyped black Aunt Jemima who stands on a stool in the Tom & Jerry cartoons screaming ‘TOM TOM.’” A third tweet from Godley described the Destiny’s Child star as “the black horse from USA.”

There are several more tweets about Rowland that are clearly racist, including: “If Kelly talks like a ghetto blaster racist black chick am gonna punch her rice and peas.”

There is a definite theme here.

15 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

There should be a statute of limitations on offensive tweets but then at the same time Godley is very annoying. This is too difficult for me to work out, might as well see what happens.

I'm not the biggest fan of journalists anyway but The Daily Beast really does exclusively hire losers and nerds.

ETA: People are losing perspective if they're commending a Tory MSP on doing literally anything. The guy really just hates the SNP and will do anything to try and damage them.

I'm looking forward to the first time a public figure is cancelled due to their posts on P&B.