33 minutes ago, throbber said:

To be fair Abdul is laughing throughout and seems he has taken that all in jest, but the reality is that those “lads, lads, lads!” types are knowingly ganging up on a lone guy with a complicated series of learning/mental issues.

Knobs.

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

To be fair Abdul is laughing throughout and seems he has taken that all in jest, but the reality is that those “lads, lads, lads!” types are knowingly ganging up on a lone guy with a complicated series of learning/mental issues.

Knobs.

It’s really not on at all, what a bunch of wankers they are. 

4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Knobs.

Another video of Abdul being attacked, you can see how brave the attacker was when the young guy in the Scotland top went over to him.

In this case their was some karma as he gets lifted by the police. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Another video of Abdul being attacked, you can see how brave the attacker was when the young guy in the Scotland top went over to him.

In this case their was some karma as he gets lifted by the police. 

Aye I seen that this morning. It comes as no surprise to learn that the cowardly wee rat is unemployed green-grot. Unfortunately for him, he has been arrested, named, shamed and where he stays been posted so I would imagine the likely wee slap on the wrist off the police won’t be the end of it.

Edited by 8MileBU

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What's the deal with this Abdul guy and why's he being singled out?

He was an EDL mouthpiece they use to wheel out when people would say they were racist. He's also a Rangers supporter who has posted plenty of sectarian content, he's clearly not all there.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I’m not sure how he became well known but he is a rangers fan who loves all the orange order stuff and is an edl supporter. He’s known as edl Abdul.

He may have some abhorrent views but as a person he is the least aggressive person you can get as well as being a midget. He genuinely couldn’t defend himself against anyone attacking him.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He’s got serious learning/mental issues and is ultimately one of those folk you’d normally describe as “harmless”. Probably has a mental age in his early teens if you’re lucky. The story goes that years ago he was getting battered/bullied and some boys that were Rangers fans stuck up for him so he became mad about Rangers.

The EDL stuff is all down to some arseholes filling his head with racist bile knowing that despite his ethnic background, due to his mental issues he’s easily led, will believe what he’s told and spout all sorts of guff because he doesn’t even understand what he’s saying himself.

56 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m not sure how he became well known but he is a rangers fan who loves all the orange order stuff and is an edl supporter. He’s known as edl Abdul.

He may have some abhorrent views but as a person he is the least aggressive person you can get as well as being a midget. He genuinely couldn’t defend himself against anyone attacking him.

Similar to my previous post, Abdul is mad about Rangers because of stuff in his past, but all the Orange Order and EDL stuff is just down to some absolute wankers that took advantage of his gullibility due to his learning/mental issues. Basically filled his head with nonsense and bile that he’ll spout loudly, but Abdul believes its making him pals and popular with folk. It’s a shame really. In a way I sometimes feel like I’d want to meet him and tell him to be mad about Rangers by all means, but all the O.O and EDL stuff is dugshite. Sadly though I think it makes Abdul feel good getting loadsa attention from folk and feeling part of something which is nice. It’s just a shame he genuinely doesn’t understand it’s for all the wrong reasons.

Edited by 8MileBU

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Similar to my previous post, Abdul is mad about Rangers because of stuff in his past, but all the Orange Order and EDL stuff is just some absolute wankers having taken advantage of his gullibility due to his learning/mental issues. Basically filled his head with nonsense and bile that he’ll spout and Abdul thinks it makes him pals and popular with folk. A shame really.

Yeah exactly, quite clearly a vulnerable adult who has been lead astray and anyone wanting to assault him is doing it as they are cowardly bullies. Witnessing 3 guys throw him in the water was genuinely tragic, I hope the guys get named and shamed if they haven’t been already. 

On 17/06/2021 at 11:21, Detournement said:

I've been reading a novel about the assassination of Reinhardt Heydrich who was the architect of the final solution. I've been googling all the names that come up and the number of high ranking Nazis who basically got a slap on the wrist is unbelievable. 

This is the last guy I searched for. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Fischer_(medical_doctor)

Joins the SS in 1934. Conducts horrific experiments on prisoners in Ravensbruck during the war. Sentenced to life in prison in 1948. Out of jail in 1954. Gets his medical license back. Works for a chemical company in West Germany until retirement. Dies in bed in 2003. 

So Madeley is correct that they didn't go after Hitler Youth but what he actually should have said was that Begum is being treated more harshly than many Nazis who planned and executed the Holocaust. 

Was it Hitler's Hangman?  If so I have read it and visited a few sights related to Heydrich and his assassins in Prague. 

My degree is in history (though not WWII) and I have quite a few books on Third Reich and SS (my Polish other half thinks too many for my good but that's another story) and have been to a few places connected with them such as Auschwitz, Belsen, Oskar Schindler's factory, Wannsee/Berlin etc.

You are absolutely right to say that many nazis with dubious records during 30s and 40s were slapped on the wrist (or even less) after the war. 

Unfortunately the reality is that the cult of Hitler and Nazism permeated throughout German society, some for idealistic reasons, some as opportunists, many were caught up in the moment, while others merely to simply get on with lives.  Not be outwardly showing approval made you one for the watching that could end up with a knock at your door. To try and unpick all that would have been a nightmare.

Most will know of the Nuremberg trials and the embracing of top Nazi scientists after the war, but for the western allies the need to get Germany back on its feet as a barrier the the Soviet threat meant turning a blind eye.   Those that could help Germany and other axis countries get back to functioning again were the same people heavily involved in the running of the country under the Nazis.   For Germans, it was also convenient to try and move on, whether simply to get some normality back, war guilt or the fact if you pointed the finger at somebody for any dubious role they had played during the war, you might just as easily be pointing at yourself. 

Judges, lawyers and police are a great example of this.  Carried out many laws according to nazi doctrine but after it were needed by allies to maintain order.  More generally, why would you convict somebody (many could be friends, family or colleagues) for doing something which you yourself may have done?  It was convenient for both winners and losers to move on despite some of their dubious pasts.  Many ended up in very powerful positions.  Kurt Waldheim for example.

This did not just not only happen with many facist regimes in Europe.  The allies even used Japanese troops to police areas in Asia where convenient after the war to maintain order due to not having the manpower.

Those with dubious war records going unpunished was not a new thing. Many who supported the Confederacy during the Civil War ended up back in power at all levels after the Reconstruction period.

While I know it is a movie, the clip from the film Cabaret kinda sums up the Germany of the 30s that would have to be unpicked or swept under the carpet after the war.  The innocence of youth caught up with idealism of the day and where the general populace get swept up in restoring national pride, which left unchecked, ran riot.

Edited by Sugar_Army