16 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

thats incredible....he completely misses the ball not once but twice.....betting scandal?

Think he was just trying to show off by being overly casual then panicked when he missed the first time. He's going to dream of that moment for the rest of his life, poor b*****d..

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Not sure what's better, citing English football songs as a positive in this same article or the references to Coumbine and JonBenet Ramsey as some sort chastisement

@Shotgun you live among a basket of rogues

No argument about the basket of rogues but "Red Wings Suck" has been around in chant, bumper sticker and t-shirt slogan form for at least the 19 years I've lived here. I've heard much worse at sporting events and while some of the Colorado Rapids (fitba) fans are a bit precious when it comes to sweary words (a big push to attract families), that's pretty tame for an ice hockey crowd. The second comment on the tweet pretty much sums it up.

"When you are invoking the JonBenet murder and Columbine shooting to clutch pearls over saying “sucks,” you might wanna take a step back and re-evaluate."

I haven't picked up a copy of the Denver Post in years but I'm surprised to learn that Woody Paige is still working there. He's a twat of the first water and makes Tom English seem like a competent journalist. I suspect both he and the writer of this non-story are, in the P&B parlance "scrambling for relevance." doG help the pair of them if they're ever assigned to cover an Avalanche game in Detroit. 

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

No argument about the basket of rogues but "Red Wings Suck" has been around in chant, bumper sticker and t-shirt slogan form for at least the 19 years I've lived here. I've heard much worse at sporting events and while some of the Colorado Rapids (fitba) fans are a bit precious when it comes to sweary words (a big push to attract families), that's pretty tame for an ice hockey crowd. The second comment on the tweet pretty much sums it up.

"When you are invoking the JonBenet murder and Columbine shooting to clutch pearls over saying “sucks,” you might wanna take a step back and re-evaluate."

I haven't picked up a copy of the Denver Post in years but I'm surprised to learn that Woody Paige is still working there. He's a twat of the first water and makes Tom English seem like a competent journalist. I suspect both he and the writer of this non-story are, in the P&B parlance "scrambling for relevance." doG help the pair of them if they're ever assigned to cover an Avalanche game in Detroit. 

You clearly have no experience of Kiszla, Dater or Chambers, the three other goons who cover or have covered the Avalanche for the DP

Kizsla is a professional troll who fights people on twitter, Dater is an alcoholic who offers square goes on twitter, Chambers is an idiot (who doesn't ask questions at these things, you'll note he says "talk about ____" as if that's a question) who offers square goes on twitter when people insult players he's pally with. "MMA is legal" in fact. 

I remember Mike Kizsla and agree with your assessment on him. He rotated through several local radio stations before being shunted to the Avalanche beat when they were one of the worst teams in the league. The other two must've come in after I stopped paying attention to local media. Paige doesn't just talk about the Avalanche but is a general pontificator on all local sports. He usually contents himself with campaigning to get people fired but as you know, the Avs have just completed an encouraging season and he's obviously looking to stir up some attention for himself by pretending to be outraged about a phrase used by pretty much anyone over the age of 4.

That clip's painful though, isn't it?

4 hours ago, Shotgun said:

The article is from 2000.

16 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

both very funny and correct, Madeley simply does not miss. The folding of the glasses a particular highlight

Came here to post this. Absolutely sensational takes from the Madeley. Worth reading this for the glory that was his stint on the Wright Stuff, the understated king of daytime tele. https://www.vice.com/en/article/wndvbb/richard-madeley-is-the-best-thing-to-happen-to-daytime-news-television

I've been reading a novel about the assassination of Reinhardt Heydrich who was the architect of the final solution. I've been googling all the names that come up and the number of high ranking Nazis who basically got a slap on the wrist is unbelievable. 

This is the last guy I searched for. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Fischer_(medical_doctor)

Joins the SS in 1934. Conducts horrific experiments on prisoners in Ravensbruck during the war. Sentenced to life in prison in 1948. Out of jail in 1954. Gets his medical license back. Works for a chemical company in West Germany until retirement. Dies in bed in 2003. 

So Madeley is correct that they didn't go after Hitler Youth but what he actually should have said was that Begum is being treated more harshly than many Nazis who planned and executed the Holocaust. 

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

I've been reading a novel about the assassination of Reinhardt Heydrich who was the architect of the final solution. I've been googling all the names that come up and the number of high ranking Nazis who basically got a slap on the wrist is unbelievable. 

This is the last guy I searched for. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Fischer_(medical_doctor)

Joins the SS in 1934. Conducts horrific experiments on prisoners in Ravensbruck during the war. Sentenced to life in prison in 1948. Out of jail in 1954. Gets his medical license back. Works for a chemical company in West Germany until retirement. Dies in bed in 2003. 

So Madeley is correct that they didn't go after Hitler Youth but what he actually should have said was that Begum is being treated more harshly than many Nazis who planned and executed the Holocaust. 

DPJw1UwWkAAhqPr.jpeg