Twitter/Kiss/Ten

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Rangers signed a whopping 4 Catholics between 1917 and 1989. I could name them.

But, you have to be honest here, the Rangers board were very bigoted when it came to signing Catholics in this period and I guarantee that this played a role if a player got signed or not. They were not the only 'Company' during this time that wouldn't take guys on because of their bigoted mindset. My previous employer, Weir Pumps, who also had shares in Rangers, went through a long period of not hiring Catholics. It was well known. It might not have been written down for all to see but it definitely existed.

Quite similar to the BNP policy in that there is no BNP "policy" that prevents  anyone from a minority ethnic background joining them......

22 hours ago, Empty It said:

You could just come out and condemn the signing policy instead of doubling down and coming across as a sectarian sympathiser. By constantly denying it you're just defending a bunch of bigots.

If you acknowledge that it existed then you would either have to condemn it or support it. He doesn't want to do either, so he pretends that it never happened.

Classic Belfast logic.

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

If you acknowledge that it existed then you would either have to condemn it or support it. He doesn't want to do either, so he pretends that it never happened.

Classic Belfast logic.

Mind that time someone had posts removed for using sectarian and bigoted language in this place? 

It's never happened to me but it would be some red neck if the same poster that said the above aimed at me had previously went through that *checks Prince Philip thread*.... oh. 

7 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Mind that time someone had posts removed for using sectarian and bigoted language in this place? 

It's never happened to me but it would be some red neck if the same poster that said the above aimed at me had previously went through that *checks Prince Philip thread*.... oh. 

Nobody reports your posts because it’d be inhumane to make the mods have to read them. 

10 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Nobody reports your posts because it’d be inhumane to make the mods have to read them. 

And I don't post bigoted comments on message boards like Gordon does. 

19 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

On the subject of the old Rangers having a policy not to sign RC players, it's one of the reasons the late Jim McLean turned down a move to Ibrox in 1983. Mentioned in his autobiography (although written in tandem with Ken Gallacher).

yes, yes, yes - it's all very well citing countless managerial and player moves being scuppered because of this policy but unless you can provider an attachment containing this policy, it clearly didn't exist.  

51 minutes ago, smpar said:

ha - well worth the wait. A bottle of Corona poured into a glass could not have been enjoyed at any other point or any other setting until the pubs re-opened. 

I laugh at the guys who illustrate how excited they are for their first pint and then go and order feckin Fosters, Carlsberg or Carling but waiting for lockdown to end before then ordering a bottle of generically available supermarket beer is truly next level.....