Twitter/Kiss/Ten

Bill Burr is trending just now for jokes he made at the Grammy's. 

He made jokes on Saturday night live aimed at middle class white women making the black lives matter movement about them. He seems to have made another joke about white feminists tonight while presenting an award. Currently he is being labelled a racist. 

Bill Burr is married to African American actress Nia Renee Hill.

Some of the rational defence of the position of him being racist are - 

Domestic abusers love their victims

Plantation owners were racist and they raped slaves. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

He made jokes on Saturday night live aimed at middle class white women making the black lives matter movement about them. He seems to have made another joke about white feminists tonight while presenting an award. Currently he is being labelled a racist. 

Kathrine Ryan makes these jokes. Not the same when a white guy makes the same jokes about women, and it doesn't make any difference who he's married to.

I didn't see anyone calling him racist but I did see criticism that he was sexist.

Might have got away with it if he'd been funny.

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Kathrine Ryan makes these jokes. Not the same when a white guy makes the same jokes about women, and it doesn't make any difference who he's married to.

I didn't see anyone calling him racist but I did see criticism that he was sexist.

Might have got away with it if he'd been funny.

He was presenting Latin music awards and murdered the pronunciation of some names and joked that white feminists would be angry that a white male was presenting the award for Latin music. 

If you haven't seen people calling him a racist you are either lying or haven't looked. 

He got his break on the Chappelle show and hosts a benefit show for the late Patrice O'Neill every year. He just produced a documentary on his life. But aye, insinuate he's racist.  

Edited by diegomarahenry

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Thanks for the update, mate.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

He was presenting Latin music awards and murdered the pronunciation of some names and joked that white feminists would be angry that a white male was presenting the award for Latin music. 

If you haven't seen people calling him a racist you are either lying or haven't looked. 

He got his break on the Chappelle show and hosts a benefit show for the late Patrice O'Neill every year. He just produced a documentary on his life. But aye, insinuate he's racist.  

Rather than lying, isn't it just possible I don't follow many people who give AF about what some guy I'd never heard of before said at some award ceremony for singers I'd never heard of on another continent? And that the only tweets I'd seen were about him having a go at feminists?

There's literally nothing in anything I said that could, at any level, be inferred as an insinuation that he's racist. Though, it has to be said, if you're giving out awards you should fkn well know how to pronounce the winners' names. I wouldn't know if that's racist in this context but it's definitely extremely disrespectful.