My mate got a 12 hour ban from Twitter earlier after tweeting a comment about one of Sterling's misses in the Manchester derby. It was an innocuous tweet with no foul language, but it appears that having Sterling's name and the emoji with the monkey covering it's eyes constitutes a hate crime.

12 hours ago, peasy23 said:

My mate got a 12 hour ban from Twitter earlier after tweeting a comment about one of Sterling's misses in the Manchester derby. It was an innocuous tweet with no foul language, but it appears that having Sterling's name and the emoji with the monkey covering it's eyes constitutes a hate crime.

He has obviously done it innocently but there has been a lot of issues with monkey emojis being used to racially abuse players alongside the usual knuckledragging shite.

I remember a few years back on here someone saying that an injury prone player was made of chocolate then backtracking quickly as said player was black, zero malice or racial hatred intended but would have been easy to take offence without context.

12 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

Would he not have been better saying 7 foot cage fighter rather than 6 foot 12? Hope he’s good at the fighting since he’s clearly not that bright

They're going to miss each other in the street on the way to each other's house