Clearly this woman hasn't thought about controling the narrative once she released the story. If she felt her family had been wronged by the police take the video the the police complaints and let them decide don't open your family up to press interest just so you're able to start a pile on of the police.

The family are very vocal on social media about being anti-vax, anti-lockdown etc It would come of no surprise whatsoever if the entire thing was staged.

I know the background of Graham Rix but unaware of Peter Beardsley in this context?

As per link posted, he was fired for making racist comments, passed off as banter. Top bantz!

In addition to being convicted for having sex with an underage girl Rix was also accused of bullying and racism while ancoach at Chelsea. Details here - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/12/graham-rix-gwyn-williams-accused-racism-bullying-chelsea

Incidentally, his defence for having sex with a 15 year old was that he thought she was over age, despite meeting her while she was playing football in the street and her telling him what year she was born.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

In addition to being convicted for having sex with an underage girl Rix was also accused of bullying and racism while ancoach at Incidentally, his defence for having sex with a 15 year old was that he thought she was over age, despite meeting her while she was playing football in the street and her telling him what year she was born.

St. Mirren v Arsenal programme from 1981.

20210112_134601.jpg

Can anyone suggest why I don't always get a notification when someone replies to one of my tweets?

It only seems to be when someone's disagreeing with me which has me wondering if there's some sort of workaround that people use to make it appear as if they've won the argument!

10 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Can anyone suggest why I don't always get a notification when someone replies to one of my tweets?

It only seems to be when someone's disagreeing with me which has me wondering if there's some sort of workaround that people use to make it appear as if they've won the argument!

Is it perhaps when there is a thread with a few people and they've replied to the OP and removed your @? 

3 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Not on this latest occasion but that's something I hadn't considered so I'll keep an eye out for it in the future.

Aye, I've noticed that before but as someone that frequently gets into frivolous discussions on Twitter I have noticed some ghost replies, tends to happen when there is a lot of people replying but I've certainly also not recieved the notification when people have replied. 

24 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Check to see if you've got the quality filter on or muted notifications from some accounts https://twitter.com/settings/notifications/filters

52 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Check to see if you've got the quality filter on or muted notifications from some accounts https://twitter.com/settings/notifications/filters

Thanks, I checked and I've nothing filtered.

I just checked the guys profile and our exchange is listed as a Promoted Tweet - has this fella paid in an attempt to start a dog pile?