Creme Egg advert seems to be getting a bit of gammon attention for featuring a two men kissing over a Creme Egg.

Apparently it’s the first advert that has ever been mildly sexualised and people are up in arms over it. It has nothing to do with homophobia, though. Nope. Definitely not.

A lot of Maude Flanders-types showing face as well.

All I have learned is that Kevin Thomsons use of emojis is like that of a child. Eye bleeding. Imagine going on that twitter page to check if he is someone you want teaching your kid about football [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji2957][emoji2958]

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

All I have learned is that Kevin Thomsons use of emojis is like that of a child. Eye bleeding. Imagine going on that twitter page to check if he is someone you want teaching your kid about football emoji23.pngemoji1787.pngemoji23.pngemoji2957.pngemoji2958.png

He had a right go at a former youth colleague at Coventry.

Just now, Busta Nut said:

He had a right go at a former youth colleague at Coventry.

Yeah, the emoji use was even more ridiculous than his rantings though. 

Always disliked him tbh. The type of player who always looked like he went in to hurt the opponent, and only ever when the challenge was already 60/40 in his favour. A wee shitebag steaming in to hurt folk then giving it large to the crowd. 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, the emoji use was even more ridiculous than his rantings though. 

Always disliked him tbh. The type of player who always looked like he went in to hurt the opponent, and only ever when the challenge was already 60/40 in his favour. A wee shitebag steaming in to hurt folk then giving it large to the crowd. 

Saw a celtic account that quoted him and showed an outrageous dive he had against Celtic. Aff on a stretcher and everything. probably hurt his chocolate bones falling down.

Thomson never struck me as a particularly objectionable player.

There's a terrible culture around football, and a lot of other sports tbh, of this sort of 'banter' and pranks especially among youth teams and players.  Friends of our family had a son who was a youth player at one of the Old Firm and he found all that stuff really off putting, half the players seemed to focus more on vandalising other players things than on actually playing.  People write it off as banter and the people who don't engage in it as wet wipes but there's a really serious undertone to a lot of it.  There's been some cases of people accused of quite serious offences that are wrapped up as this - Peter Beardsley and Graham Rix are two good examples.

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

There's a terrible culture around football, and a lot of other sports tbh, of this sort of 'banter' and pranks especially among youth teams and players.  Friends of our family had a son who was a youth player at one of the Old Firm and he found all that stuff really off putting, half the players seemed to focus more on vandalising other players things than on actually playing.  People write it off as banter and the people who don't engage in it as wet wipes but there's a really serious undertone to a lot of it.  There's been some cases of people accused of quite serious offences that are wrapped up as this - Peter Beardsley and Graham Rix are two good examples.

Definitely not unique to football: Daniel Carcillo, Garrett Taylor Detail Alleged Abuse in Junior Hockey Lawsuit | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

"According the lawsuit, players in the class were, among other things, forced to masturbate in front of teammates and coaches and forced to sexually assault teammates, to consume saliva, urine, semen and feces of other players and to sexually engage with animals. It is also alleged that players had heavy objects tied to their genitals, had their genitals dipped in irritants and toxic liquids and had objects such as hockey sticks, brooms and food forced into their anuses. It is also alleged that players were forced to consume large amounts of alcohol and illicit drugs."

BANTER

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

All I have learned is that Kevin Thomsons use of emojis is like that of a child. Eye bleeding. Imagine going on that twitter page to check if he is someone you want teaching your kid about football emoji23.pngemoji1787.pngemoji23.pngemoji2957.pngemoji2958.png

I'm not entirely convinced that poor use of emojis is worse than sexually intimidating young footballers

8 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I know the background of Graham Rix but unaware of Peter Beardsley in this context?

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

I know the background of Graham Rix but unaware of Peter Beardsley in this context?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/22/peter-beardsley-charged-by-fa-with-using-racist-language-towards-youth-players

Alllegedly took the youth academy to a Go Ape facility and told one of the African kids ‘you should be good at this’

ETA - missed that he’d been found guilty. Apologies for Daily Arsehole link - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7483499/amp/Peter-Beardsley-bullying-not-addressed-despite-23-players-giving-evidence.html

Edited by carpetmonster