2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Pregnant lady pointing a finger is tame. Police man pushing the man into the pregnant lady in their own house is despicable. 

Does it say anywhere in the tweet that the woman is pregnant?

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Does it say anywhere in the tweet that the woman is pregnant?

Nah I thought it was apparant from looking at the video but on second viewing she might just be a big tubber. 

43 minutes ago, throbber said:

Not just p and b - it appears there is a level of disdain for the police all over social media these days. 

Yup. Basically said all the points you’ve made here on the coronavirus thread yesterday. 

The overwhelming majority of responses to that video on Twitter were just bile and abuse aimed at the police. Yet had those people been suspected of a more unsavoury offence, you could bet your house on the same social media crusaders crying out that the police should’ve kicked their door in, hit them with their batons, pepper-sprayed them and deployed the taser. 

Between Iain Livingstone’s statement about this video, the parents and daughter having now been charged, and a couple of other (unsubstantiated) posts on social media; It would appear the police were perfectly within their rights, the couple did at some point have a houseful of folk they shouldn’t have, and the maw has a reputation for being full of herself and generally an arsehole.

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Nah I thought it was apparant from looking at the video but on second viewing she might just be a big tubber. 

If she was pregnant then her Helen Lovejoy of a sister would have mentioned it on Twitter which is why I was confused for a minute. Something about the way in which they’re playing the victim here when she comes across as such a gobby cow really annoys me.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

In my experiences, Polis above the age of about 35 are sound. Younger ones are power hungry knobbers. Detectives always sound, no matter age. 

Had a similar opinion at one time, and there are without doubt some like that. As I’ve got older though, I wonder how much of that being down to the dickhead mentality of da yoof, desperate to make a name for themselves by giving aggro to the cops; particularly if they look like young, fresh faced, inexperienced cops?

16 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Pregnant lady pointing a finger is tame. Police man pushing the man into the pregnant lady in their own house is despicable. 

Pregnant lady desperate to get on her high horse is lame. Pregnant lady who couldn’t wait to jump-in and get physically involved is selfish and thick as f**k. Pregnant lady is actually just an angry plumper IMO.

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

If she was pregnant then her Helen Lovejoy of a sister would have mentioned it on Twitter which is why I was confused for a minute. Something about the way in which they’re playing the victim here when she comes across as such a gobby cow really annoys me.

Got a link to the sisters Tweets?

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Had a similar opinion at one time, and there are without doubt some like that. As I’ve got older though, I wonder how much of that being down to the dickhead mentality of da yoof, desperate to make a name for themselves by giving aggro to the cops; particularly if they look like young, fresh faced, inexperienced cops?

Pregnant lady desperate to get on her high horse is lame. Pregnant lady who couldn’t wait to jump-in and get physically involved is selfish and thick as f**k. Pregnant lady is actually just an angry plumper IMO.

Yeah I'm not defending her... her and the bully victim, social failure, pig moron are both deplorables. 

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Nah, can't have it both ways. Can't blame them being arseholes on people giving them shite. Different times, different situations. They have to learn to deal and manage with the public in the best way to sort a situation at that time. Maybe it comes in time - like I said, near 100% of the 'older' officers are sound in my experience - but there's absolutely no need to act the way I've seen, and had it out with, certain ones do. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Nah, can't have it both ways. Can't blame them being arseholes on people giving them shite. Different times, different situations. They have to learn to deal and manage with the public in the best way to sort a situation at that time. Maybe it comes in time - like I said, near 100% of the 'older' officers are sound in my experience - but there's absolutely no need to act the way I've seen, and had it out with, certain ones do. 

You can have it both ways though. They’re not all police arseholes but some are. Some folk give the police a hard time just to be arseholes, some folk do it with justification. Have seen examples of both with my own eyes. Like you say though it’s possibly an experience thing and different times, different situations. 

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Cheers will have a look in a bit.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I've got a healthy distrust of the police, but at the same time i realise that there are a lot of decent men and women just trying to do a good job.

It's finding that balance that can be tricky.

Individual officers can be c***s of the highest order, and they often get away with their nonsense, and if caught, are barely touched.

At the same time the police in general can be used for political purposes and usually revel in it. Shit like the miner's strike and then Hillsborough are the ones where folk have proved their horrific levels of deceit.

But anyone who automatically questions or hates every police officer is a bell-end.

Simple

Every line of work has its share of arseholes, ive met some of the people who policed the miners strike and to say they had views which put them slightly left of Mussolini is and understatement, there are some retired police twitter users like Harry Tangye etc who perpetuate that belief. Id say the younger generation would be more on the ‘side’ of the miners than the 70’s/80’s police. 
Some people can be arseholes, I know a lot of police, but generally speaking they’re considered arseholes amongst their colleagues also. Id disagree with your comment about ‘barely touched’ as (and i know i might not change your mind) but there is no other public sector body subject to more scrutiny than Police officers. 
My friends suggest that some more ‘gung ho’ people exist and regardless they are very quickly told to ‘wind their neck in’ if they step out of line or act like arseholes.

The same day the events in this video happened I know of a really young police officer who risked his life pulling a suicidal person off train tracks with an oncoming train coming directly to then, despite going above and beyond risking their life and not even thinking about it no one’s talking about the heroic acts but quite quick to go hysterical about perceived slights. Ive seen the video from Aberdeen and legally everything they’ve said and done is backed up by the laws around covid and the police and fire reform act. What im told quite often happens is as in that video people have these pre-conceived ideas about needing warrants to enter and various forms of facebook law degrees about what can and cant be done. You see on youtube videos that sometimes people just very quickly become hostile talking and shouting when they think they are right about powers of entry and the police officers dont get the chance to get a word in, indeed that’s backed up by posters in this thread who’ve said ‘they wouldnt get in etc etc’. 
I’ve not met a police officer (and i know lots) who actually enjoys having to use force and to be honest many could probably really do without having to go ‘hands on’ and arrest people in the middle of a pandemic when they risk infection and their own families. Those police officers wont give their versions of events in the video because they arent allowed to respond directly, publically, which means that only one sides videos and versions of events are plastered over social media and essentially controls the narrative, I think the police are particularly bad at sticking up for their people when things like that happen. 
That said, there are good and bad people in every line of work, when it comes to the police im confident that the bad ones get identified and dealt with, it’s not always done with a fan-fare but it happens. Anyway just my opinion and not reflective of people I know who are in the police. Of course people will form their own opinions based on their own experiences and beliefs and hey thats just human nature. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

'I am a woman of the land' patter the woman in that video was hitting out with is straight from covid thicko Facebook, and was being spouted by the same folk who thought putting a copy of the Magna Carta (or magna carter as some of them thought it was called) in your shop window bypassed any restrictions. For this reason i think she was half wanting a bit of a confrontation with the police so she could show off her wee trick she had read online to catch them out. 

At the same time i think the Policeman really doesn't help himself by being a bit of a w**k, and there was really no need for the situation to escalate the way it did. 

Edited by Fratelli

4 hours ago, Fratelli said:

'I am a woman of the land' patter the woman in that video was hitting out with is straight from covid thicko Facebook, and was being spouted by the same folk who thought putting a copy of the Magna Carta (or magna carter as some of them thought it was called) in your shop window bypassed any restrictions. For this reason i think she was half wanting a bit of a confrontation with the police so she could show off her wee trick she had read online to catch them out. 

At the same time i think the Policeman really doesn't help himself by being a bit of a w**k, and there was really no need for the situation to escalate the way it did. 

You have to think she might have phoned the cops herself with the camera already for her welcome.