51 minutes ago, throbber said:

Not the nicest video to watch but the outrage against the police here in the comments section is laughable when you consider the lady of the house is pointing her finger in the officers face and threatening him which is what causes the entire situation to boil over. 

Why do I read that tweet is Jane Godley’s voice?

Not all polis are power hungry arseholes though. In the video you clearly hear the girl asking her mum to stop as well before it turns into proper hysteria. It reminds me of the video in which Jamie Carragher was goaded into spitting on a teenager, it’s always the kids who get hurt when so called adults start their pish.
Agreed the mother should've just told them they're not getting in then leave.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:
25 minutes ago, throbber said:
Not all polis are power hungry arseholes though. In the video you clearly hear the girl asking her mum to stop as well before it turns into proper hysteria. It reminds me of the video in which Jamie Carragher was goaded into spitting on a teenager, it’s always the kids who get hurt when so called adults start their pish.

Agreed the mother should've just told them they're not getting in then leave.

They no doubt had dinner guests through in the other room which is why she was so hostile.

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:
6 minutes ago, throbber said:
They no doubt had dinner guests through in the other room which is why she was so hostile.

Probably, still could've told them to just get lost though.

If I was one of the officers I would have tasered her.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

They wouldn't have been getting in my house without a warrant, you're well within your rights to refuse entry to these power hungry arseholes although she could try be more polite about it.

It was explained by @Inanimate Carbon Rod on another (covid) thread. They don't need a warrant in those circumstances.

The 2 videos with the lady of the land vs the Polis weren't great to watch.

The polisman arrogantly telling her that he'd have just booted her door down anyway didn't help matters and inflamed things further. 

It was explained by [mention=74006]Inanimate Carbon Rod[/mention] on another (covid) thread. They don't need a warrant in those circumstances.
Didn't realise this so now whenever they want to enter someone's house for whatever reason they just need to say we believed there was a dinner party occurring

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
It was explained by [mention=74006]Inanimate Carbon Rod[/mention] on another (covid) thread. They don't need a warrant in those circumstances.

Didn't realise this so now whenever they want to enter someone's house for whatever reason they just need to say we believed there was a dinner party occurring

You appear to be very much against the police. Are you paranoid we are turning into a police state and that Covid measures are just to give the police an excuse to barge into your property for whatever reason they want?

They need to follow up on these cases as it’s not right that some people blatantly flaunt regulations, the police aren’t going round to this house just for the f**k of it and the woman could have just let them have a look around if she had nothing to hide rather than go down the “how very dare you” route.

9 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I can't remember the detail exactly but a crime occurring or pursuit of a suspect...along those lines and they can go in the house. I expect they wouldn't be allowed to start emptying drawers etc.

26 minutes ago, throbber said:

You appear to be very much against the police. Are you paranoid we are turning into a police state and that Covid measures are just to give the police an excuse to barge into your property for whatever reason they want?

They need to follow up on these cases as it’s not right that some people blatantly flaunt regulations, the police aren’t going round to this house just for the f**k of it and the woman could have just let them have a look around if she had nothing to hide rather than go down the “how very dare you” route.

It’s the p&b way. Don’t you know this place is teeming with badasses?

Edited by 8MileBU

18 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

It’s the p&b way. Don’t you know this place is teeming with badasses?

Not just p and b - it appears there is a level of disdain for the police all over social media these days. 

Not against the police as much as wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them, every dealing I've had with them they just come across as incompetent arrogant wankers.

Not just p and b - it appears there is a level of disdain for the police all over social media these days. 
I've got a healthy distrust of the police, but at the same time i realise that there are a lot of decent men and women just trying to do a good job.

It's finding that balance that can be tricky.

Individual officers can be c***s of the highest order, and they often get away with their nonsense, and if caught, are barely touched.

At the same time the police in general can be used for political purposes and usually revel in it. Shit like the miner's strike and then Hillsborough are the ones where folk have proved their horrific levels of deceit.

But anyone who automatically questions or hates every police officer is a bell-end.

Simple

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Not the nicest video to watch but the outrage against the police here in the comments section is laughable when you consider the lady of the house is pointing her finger in the officers face and threatening him which is what causes the entire situation to boil over. 

Pregnant lady pointing a finger is tame. Police man pushing the man into the pregnant lady in their own house is despicable.