It was noticeable that a good number of the Twitter accounts pushing the story were the usual animal profile pic with 19 followers, usually posting Pro Trump, Tommy Robinson, snpbaaaad sock puppet ones. 

It definitely looked an organised campaign. 

Just a point about these closes, the ones owned by Govanhill housing are not in any way like that. What you have here is private landlords and factors not responding to complaints. Its not for the council or housing to clean these closes its the landlords responsibility, they dont repair buzzer entries etc. Govanhill is no where near ‘as bad’ as that nugget makes out. 

I grew up in the South side of Glasgow and worked in Govanhill for a couple of years. I'm not going to sit and say that it's a beautiful place with an unfair reputation. It's rife with poverty, some of the closes are very run down and it's definitely not the kind of place I'm happy to walk about in at night. But also there's a lot of decent people there too. There's been an ongoing project by Govanhill Housing Association to take back ownership of some of these run down closes and fix them up. It started up a couple of years ago and has made a lot of progress. 

These "rumours" or whatever you want to call them have circulated about Govanhill every couple of years for as long as I can remember. Generally they were said by weirdo taxi drivers and the usual sweetie wife gossipers. But, it's 2020, so we just have weirdos on Facebook instead. 

This weirdo appears to have branded himself with some kind of hero status. He's using something that gets quite an emotional reaction out of people to peddle some thinly veiled racism. In one of his videos he says "They destroy everything that is good. That is their culture in Romania." which is pretty blatant. His claim that "takeaway owners come around at night and pour their oil into the gardens" was so stupid it's laughable. His chat last night saying "I have evidence, but I'm not going to share it until the police ask for it". This seems to reference his previous claim that a local GP has told him that he's had to treat children for signs of abuse. There are official channels to report this so I'm not sure why a GP would share this vital evidence with Random Facebook Man. 

This is a pretty good Twitter thread going through one of the videos:

Oh and also, if Alex Cairnie does happen to be reading this. 

Roma people ≠ People from Romania.

The best bit about the utter dweeb of a man was him claiming not the be a racist by allowing an Iraqi to cut his hair and him patching a boy on facebook. I tried to report the video on facebook but its virtually impossible, I think its time to come off it as a platform as its utterly toxic.

Heard people crying about the whole govanhill video and gave it a watch thinking am I watching the wrong one, all I could see was some absolute shithole closes and gardens. Its mental that people are convinced by one guys claims of child sex trafficking despite showing absolutely no evidence of it. It’s almost as if they want it to be true, creepy fuckers. I did laugh how he kept saying ‘thats a fact’ at stuff, the guys a racist attention seeker and Im glad the PnBers have seen right through the gimp.

8 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Wonder if the guy behind him buying toilet roll knows a bunch of Facebook aunts and Rangers fans think he is a child trafficker now

a guy doing his shopping/going about his own business deemed a threat. Ha. I would love to see the area the pr!ck lives in himself - he probably scuttles about like a fearful hamster until he has reached the sanctity of a lodge, an EDL meeting or similar all white establishment. 

Guys a Poundland Tommy Robinson.

Said it before and I’ll say if again. Katie Hopkins and the attention the media gave her is the reason for all these bigoted arseholes acting like this.