1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

A lassie about 16/17 had one of the "missing" tweets circulating.

it was 8am on a Sunday and she'd been "missing" since 10pm on Saturday. In a throw away reply I said something like "it's the weekend and she's been gone 8 hours, she'll be getting rode like a rocking horse".

I think I replied to about 4 tweets before I had to turn it aff. She appeared about 3 hours later and I went back for apologies to the few tweets I interacted with.

I remember it now, couldn’t remember the specifics 😂

Blue Tick morons not happy because Owen Jones said clean your own house!
Obviously with two adults and two teenagers it's impossible for any cleaning to be done. Sarah Ditum outing her family as clatty b*****ds.

I don’t know who Sarah Ditum is, but she sounds utterly insufferable on multiple levels.

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Obviously with two adults and two teenagers it's impossible for any cleaning to be done. Sarah Ditum outing her family as clatty b*****ds.

Imagine being so outraged at doing your own cleaning that you don’t realise saying it is killing you is a really dumb choice of words in the current climate.

On 13/05/2020 at 11:54, ICTChris said:

Someone posted something on one of Politics forum that made me think about Twitter.  The convenor of the new independence supporting party said that she had gone through "24 hours of hell" on social media following the launch of the party.  I also listened to the Cobrynism Post Mortem podcast where Margaret Hodge read out some of the tweets that she received, featuring foul language and anti-Semitism.

Has anyone ever experienced a Twitter pile-on?  I'd always thought it would be quite easy to ignore but then recieving racist abuse (Ian Wright also posted some absolutely vile essages he got on Instagram the other day) is obviously going to be more impacting than people telling you to f**k off and when you are a public figure then things like death threats are a possibility.  For us ordinary people there's also the concern that someone will dox you or grass you up to your employer to get you fired.  

Have any P&Bers ever been at the centre of a Twitterstorm and if so what was it like?

Count Dankula quote tweeted me slagging him off a few months back and I had a horde of incels trying to dox me. That was funny tbf.

20 hours ago, Detournement said:

Her husband tweeting about the games he's playing throughout this beef is one of those little details that really adds depth. Twitter is better than TV sometimes.

On 08/05/2020 at 21:12, Dee Man said:

You know he used to post on here? Occasionally amusing but mostly a cock. 

I see the boys been spending his Saturday morning reporting innocuous stuff to Police Scotland. 

What a guy. 

Someone posted something on one of Politics forum that made me think about Twitter.  The convenor of the new independence supporting party said that she had gone through "24 hours of hell" on social media following the launch of the party.  I also listened to the Cobrynism Post Mortem podcast where Margaret Hodge read out some of the tweets that she received, featuring foul language and anti-Semitism.
Has anyone ever experienced a Twitter pile-on?  I'd always thought it would be quite easy to ignore but then recieving racist abuse (Ian Wright also posted some absolutely vile essages he got on Instagram the other day) is obviously going to be more impacting than people telling you to f**k off and when you are a public figure then things like death threats are a possibility.  For us ordinary people there's also the concern that someone will dox you or grass you up to your employer to get you fired.  
Have any P&Bers ever been at the centre of a Twitterstorm and if so what was it like?
During the Marine A case someone made a tweet that Tony Blair should instead be on trail for murder. Sent a reply explaining why not comparable. Went to bed and woke up next morning with an absolute fuckton of notifications from BNP type accounts going mental at me and some lefty guy trying ro white knight me.

Not a bad looking flat and garden, wonder how much they're asking. Location is all though. 

P.S. Letting agents asking evicted tenants to make a video is pure did ye aye. 

Edited by welshbairn

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not a bad looking flat and garden, wonder how much they're asking. Location is all though. 

P.S. Letting agents asking evicted tenants to make a video is pure did you aye. 

That’s a funny video. Although when he put the extractor fan on he pressed the button to the right which is the most powerful setting which is why it’s so loud. He is probably using the washer dryer wrong as well as they have a wash capacity and then a dry capacity that is smaller. I might tweet him this.

P.S. Letting agents asking evicted tenants to make a video is pure did you aye. 

That’s a funny video. Although when he put the extractor fan on he pressed the button to the right which is the most powerful setting which is why it’s so loud. He is probably using the washer dryer wrong as well as they have a wash capacity and then a dry capacity that is smaller. I might tweet him this.
What a couple of buzz killingtons you pair are, eh?

His idea for the video is very good but the execution is pretty much perfection. That's how to use social media.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

What a couple of buzz killingtons you pair are, eh?

His idea for the video is very good but the execution is pretty much perfection. That's how to use social media.

I liked the video a lot, just stating a couple of facts which I never tweeted to him.

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

did you line up all your toys by size as a child

This doesn’t matter, have a look at your own extractor fan and click on the button to the right and it will be the most powerful setting.