Twitter/Kiss/Ten

Caroline Flack has died, which is sad as she was no age at all and it does sound like she has taken her own life. Naturally Twitter is in a right old state over this. 

Media being blamed for hounding her and causing it, which has got a lot of people on their pedestal. There is probably some truth in that, but her assault charge on her boyfriend and sacking from presenting Love Island are but a complete after thought. And of course the same people are tweeting that "you don't know what's going on in people's lives so leave them alone" whilst laying all the blaming the media, ironically discounting that there may have been other factors at play. There are problems with the media but the whitewashing is uncomfortable to see - a bit odd that others are not afforded this in their deaths. 

On the media side, you then have Dan Wootton, without irony, crying tears about this whilst he and his paper run down other celebrities in similar fashion, mostly those who have never actually been charged with a crime. 

Then you have various celebrities that only exist because of media intrigue, having the gall to complain about the media, again without irony. 

Some place. 

It's saddening to see the media deleting all their stories about her though. If they're willing to hound somebody when they're alive, at least have the backbone to leave them up when they commit suicide - it just makes you look like you feel you've contributed to it. 

Same way they protect folk whilst they're alive and then absolutely chastise them after death. 

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Caroline Flack has died, which is sad as she was no age at all and it does sound like she has taken her own life. Naturally Twitter is in a right old state over this. 

Media being blamed for hounding her and causing it, which has got a lot of people on their pedestal. There is probably some truth in that, but her assault charge on her boyfriend and sacking from presenting Love Island are but a complete after thought. And of course the same people are tweeting that "you don't know what's going on in people's lives so leave them alone" whilst laying all the blaming the media, ironically discounting that there may have been other factors at play. There are problems with the media but the whitewashing is uncomfortable to see - a bit odd that others are not afforded this in their deaths. 

On the media side, you then have Dan Wootton, without irony, crying tears about this whilst he and his paper run down other celebrities in similar fashion, mostly those who have never actually been charged with a crime. 

Then you have various celebrities that only exist because of media intrigue, having the gall to complain about the media, again without irony. 

Some place. 

The Mirror has an article about this with a few lines about how she "struggled to find happiness" and "never found love" or something like that whilst also saying what a tragedy this is (which is correct). Seems they are very blind to their own actions as you hint towards above.

9 minutes ago, Dele said:

It's saddening to see the media deleting all their stories about her though. If they're willing to hound somebody when they're alive, at least have the backbone to leave them up when they commit suicide - it just makes you look like you feel you've contributed to it. 

Same way they protect folk whilst they're alive and then absolutely chastise them after death. 

Interesting, hadn't seen this. 

Is "The Sun" prominent in this deletion by any chance? 

The Mirror has an article about this with a few lines about how she "struggled to find happiness" and "never found love" or something like that whilst also saying what a tragedy this is (which is correct). Seems they are very blind to their own actions as you hint towards above.

I can’t say for fact, but I bet the mirror were quick to point out when she was seen out and about with someone, piling pressure on, digging in to that persons past, who they were, why was she with them...then say she didn’t find love? You fucking parasites wouldn’t let her.

21 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I can’t say for fact, but I bet the mirror were quick to point out when she was seen out and about with someone, piling pressure on, digging in to that persons past, who they were, why was she with them...then say she didn’t find love? You fucking parasites wouldn’t let her.

Really? She could have tried going out with someone unknown, to a place celebrities don't go to and not tip off photographers when and where she would be.

The relatively recent glut of fame hungry z listers can't really complain when the media they craved attention from turns on them.

Really? She could have tried going out with someone unknown, to a place celebrities don't go to and not tip off photographers when and where she would be.

The relatively recent glut of fame hungry z listers can't really complain when the media they craved attention from turns on them.

I’d never heard of the two ex’s she has listed on Wikipedia so I think it’s fair to say she didn’t exclusively date famous people. Paparazzi make a job out of finding out where people are and going there, they don’t just hang about outside someone famous went last well, you know that though.

She isn’t complaining though is she? She’s reached about where she’s decided the best / only way out of this is killing herself. Think on that for a little bit, Sarj.

Edit; she’s reached a point - not about 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I’d never heard of the two ex’s she has listed on Wikipedia so I think it’s fair to say she didn’t exclusively date famous people. Paparazzi make a job out of finding out where people are and going there, they don’t just hang about outside someone famous went last well, you know that though.
She isn’t complaining though is she? She’s reached about where she’s decided the best / only way out of this is killing herself. Think on that for a little bit, Sarj.

I'm not unsympathetic to the individual, but to simply blame media intrusion is clearly wrong. like many others she clearly, actively sought the spotlight, then wanted it to go away when it didn't suit her.

The style of journalism and media she courted is reprehensible and should be condemned, but not by people who make career choices like hers.

I'm not unsympathetic to the individual, but to simply blame media intrusion is clearly wrong. like many others she clearly, actively sought the spotlight, then wanted it to go away when it didn't suit her.
The style of journalism and media she courted is reprehensible and should be condemned, but not by people who make career choices like hers.

Like I say though, she isn’t condemning them is she? As far as I know, and I’m no expert, she didn’t. I can’t say I was even a fan of Caroline Flack. Just these rats will be full grief and sorrow in the morning and they can f**k right off.
I think we all need a bit of time and space when things aren’t going right, to deny anyone that because they’re on the tv isn’t right imo.

Gonna err on the side of “the tabloid media are ghouls and would happily hound obviously mentally ill people to their deaths for clicks” rather than “these people sought the limelight so they have to take the bad with the good”