I don't like Duncan Hothersall but Michael Stewart is having a disaster right now on Twitter.  Stewart claims it isn't normal for a country to be part of a union and Hothersall asserts that Denmark and the Netherlands are also unions.  Stewart seems to think that Hothersall is referring to the Dutch provinces and not the other countries that are part of the Dutch realm or in Denmark's case Greenland and the Faroe Islands.

Edited by Highland Capital

I don't like Duncan Hothersall but Michael Stewart is having a disaster right now on Twitter.  Stewart claims it isn't normal for a country to be part of a union and Hothersall asserts that Denmark and the Netherlands are also unions.  Stewart seems to think that Hothersall is referring to the Dutch provinces and not the other countries that are part of the Dutch realm or in Denmark's case Greenland and the Faroe Islands.

But, you have to admire the persistence of Micheal Stewart, he comes again and again on Twitter, almost always being torched by someone, but it does not deter him

27 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I see Janey Godley wants attention again.

Is she meant to be funny? Anything I've seen of hers is "inhale through teeth" levels of cringe.

Is she meant to be funny? Anything I've seen of hers is "inhale through teeth" levels of cringe.

It’s shit comedy that people promote because of her politics. It’s like Michael Stewart - the guy’s a notorious incompetent but because he comes up with popular political sound bites, he gets a pass.

Nobody genuinely finds Jim Davidson funny. Likewise Oor Janey, as she would have herself called.

Are these voiceover videos meant to be funny?  One of the downsides of independence saga in the last decade has been the way it's created these demigods (Janey Godley, Wings, Angela Haggerty etc.) who have a bunch of followers who'll fight for them to death.

Edit - Apparently Godley has two accounts.  A second anonymous account that she uses to defend herself and attack those who criticise her.  What an odd thing to do.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Are these voiceover videos meant to be funny?  One of the downsides of independence saga in the last decade has been the way it's created these demigods (Janey Godley, Wings, Angela Haggerty etc.) who have a bunch of followers who'll fight for them to death.

Edit - Apparently Godley has two accounts.  A second anonymous account that she uses to defend herself and attack those who criticise her.  What an odd thing to do.

I just don't get the Janey Godley thing. Her daughter's about as funny.

On 07/09/2019 at 10:59, ecto said:

But, you have to admire the persistence of Micheal Stewart, he comes again and again on Twitter, almost always being torched by someone, but it does not deter him

He countered by saying that by Hothersall's logic, North Holland, Saxony, Tuscany etc. must also be countries.  That wasn't Hothersall's point at all.

22 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

I asked her about the whole "abusing women online" patter she hits out with when someone calls her unfunny and she blocked me. Gutted.

Do you have a blue tick, four thousand followers and have never tweeted about football?  Thought not!

5 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

He countered by saying that by Hothersall's logic, North Holland, Saxony, Tuscany etc. must also be countries.  That wasn't Hothersall's point at all.

But that's typical Stewart