Twitter/Kiss/Ten

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Why does anyone do anything?

Whats the fucking point

The original internet trolls would be provocative for a purpose - they would try and reveal the hidden truths by provoking people to show in agner what they kept under the surface.  This would call out hypocrisy and cant.  A good early Scottish example is the Rab Corbett tapes.  In one he phones up a cat rescue centre pretending to be from a lad looking for subjects for experimentation.  The woman gets annoyed and at the end of the call screams "I HOPE YOU DIE IN AGONY" down the phone at him.  Within a few minutes of this the woman had gone from being a nice old lady who worked in a cat rescue to screaming death at a random man.  Perhaps it shows something interesting about the nature of how our society views animals and the cruelty that lurks under the sentimental surface.  What underlying truth is revealed by fans of a boy band saying "boo" to someone who says that boyband is shit?

Maybe, and more likely perhaps, Rab Corbett was just being mean to a nice old lady who liked cats and I am overthinking this.

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The original internet trolls would be provocative for a purpose - they would try and reveal the hidden truths by provoking people to show in agner what they kept under the surface.  This would call out hypocrisy and cant.  A good early Scottish example is the Rab Corbett tapes.  In one he phones up a cat rescue centre pretending to be from a lad looking for subjects for experimentation.  The woman gets annoyed and at the end of the call screams "I HOPE YOU DIE IN AGONY" down the phone at him.  Within a few minutes of this the woman had gone from being a nice old lady who worked in a cat rescue to screaming death at a random man.  Perhaps it shows something interesting about the nature of how our society views animals and the cruelty that lurks under the sentimental surface.  What underlying truth is revealed by fans of a boy band saying "boo" to someone who says that boyband is shit?

Maybe, and more likely perhaps, Rab Corbett was just being mean to a nice old lady who liked cats and I am overthinking this.

I don't know. I don't think they have a point beyond defending something they have an unhealthy remote attachment to. 

They aren't the trolls though. They are the trollees/trolled. 

38 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The best one of these was the boxing club. Need to give that one a listen again...

55 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

REQUIEM

4 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Started seeing videos as a grey square - had a quick look for a fix but I'm none the wiser, anyone able to help ?

Screenshot_20190717-143005_Chrome.jpg

Erm, it's not happening any more, don't think I did anything in particular to fix it but anyhoo it's fixed

Nothing to see here etc.