Twitter/Kiss/Ten

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

What the f**k is in the water in Ayrshire ffs

I went to Alloway once. It rained. I'll never be back.

Edited by MSU

I never went to Jamie Oliver’s restaurant but i never heard anything good about the one in Edinburgh, think it was just a very average eater. A few months back he was blaming brexit for its lack of success as well. I bet he voted for Brexit as well, seems like the type.

I never went to Jamie Oliver’s restaurant but i never heard anything good about the one in Edinburgh, think it was just a very average eater. A few months back he was blaming brexit for its lack of success as well. I bet he voted for Brexit as well, seems like the type.

Yeah I’d heard that it was shit.

He most definitely does not seem like the sort to vote for Brexit, IMO. He is a complete arsehole, that’s for sure.

Jamies Italians were fine. Pretty decent Italian grub more authentic than most.

Oliver is an arse generally and his tongue is too big for his mouth, but hes not Brexity in the slightest unless his on screen personality is a total ruse.

4 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I went to his Italian restaurant in George Sq. I was hoaching with neds from up the east end.
No wonder it went out of business if that was his clientele.

image.jpeg.3487a2805ca273ec09edcf0048e88af8.jpeg

I know it's not a popular view but I don't mind Oliver, both in terms of his cookery and his politics. This enterprise has obviously got too big for him though, and it's just a fucker for the 1000 folk that are punted from a job. Hopefully the catering trade has other opportunities but it's never good.

I know it's not a popular view but I don't mind Oliver, both in terms of his cookery and his politics. This enterprise has obviously got too big for him though, and it's just a fucker for the 1000 folk that are punted from a job. Hopefully the catering trade has other opportunities but it's never good.

Please tell me your current location so I can come and throw a milkshake at you.

Please tell me your current location so I can come and throw a milkshake at you.
That seems a tad uncalled for.

A fortnight ago I ruined a good lump of lamb by trying to do one of the fifteen minute meal things. I didn't blame Jamie though, it just made me feel inadequate.

His cookbooks are usually pretty solid bets if you want something within the abilities of the culinary challenged.

His politics are usually a pretty solid bet if you want to see a selfish Tory arsehole.
Really? Where you getting that from?

I was meaning his campaigning to take on the sugar industry and improve school dinners. The diet of secondary weans is a massive crisis in this country.

I'm not convinced.

Or at least I'm impressed by the fact he's actively trying to change things for the better. He made genuine connections with some of the dinner ladies and kept it going after the show ended.

Yes he came up against some schemy b*****ds that were passing junk food through the school fences but I don't know how you deal with that without coming across as a bit judgmental.

He certainly criticised the Cameron government for their fakery around the issue.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I went to the one about 10 minutes walk from Victoria station a couple of Easters ago as we'd just got off the train from Gatwick and 'she' wanted something to eat and has always liked 'Jamie'.  It was fine.  The food was ok but vastly overpriced for what we got.  

15 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Really? Where you getting that from?

I was meaning his campaigning to take on the sugar industry and improve school dinners. The diet of secondary weans is a massive crisis in this country.

I was with my 17 year old at a Parents' Evening this evening - the last one I'll ever do since, at her school, they are not held once your 'child' gets to the Upper 6th so it was a wee bit poignant - not that I told her that.  Anyway, as there's a lot of standing around waiting for your 10 minutes with the subject teacher we always play, "Compare the child to the parent" and, almost always, dumpy weans have at least one dumpy parent.  You'll know this much better than me as you've been to many more of these things than I have.

Have you ever seen two slender parents with a fat munter of a child?

His cookbooks are usually pretty solid bets if you want something within the abilities of the culinary challenged.

Came on to say more or less the same. The Chorizo Carbonara and Blackened Chicken from the 15 Minute Meals still get made every so often.

As for his restaurants, I’ve never been to the Edinburgh one. However, if the Glasgow one was a colour, it’d be beige. A 5/10 beige.

43 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Christ, I see one of his kinds is called Buddy Bear.  What kind of person would give a child that name!?

He's actively refrained from using names starting in the letter S. Imagine shouting them in for their tea, someone could drown.