Music Chinese Whispers

Smurph

I listen to Radio 3 late at night and they often have World music artists, along with the classical stuff which I am very much into. Unfortunately for me they throw in too much jazz but it's the risk-reward one takes. Found out about this guy a couple of years ago - Arabian string based sound, very eclectic, plays a number of string and percussion instruments, and teams up with various artists and orchestras as and when. An Egyptian Aussie - here he teams up with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra, performed at their home, the SOH - Bluegrass meets Arabian strings & percussion meets an orchestral arrangement.

13 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Sorry, i seem to be missing the (tenuous ??) link here.  Unless it's based on Sydney being in a rather large country ??

Ah, i may have missed the point of the thread, sorry. Does there need to be a link to the previous, or any other, post?

47 minutes ago, N5 Spur said:

Ah, i may have missed the point of the thread, sorry. Does there need to be a link to the previous, or any other, post?

To the song title or band’s/singer’s name. So the link to your post, tenuous or otherwise, is Wedding Cake Island off Coogee Beach, a Sydney suburb.

Midnight Oil - Wedding Cake Island

Edited by Eednud

18 minutes ago, Eednud said:

To the song title or band’s/singer’s name. So the link to your post, tenuous or otherwise, is Wedding Cake Island off Coogee Beach, a Sydney suburb.

The penny's finally dropped, so thank you.