Gambling forum quick questions thread

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Anyone else had their account with McBookie suspended today? Wondering if it might be a computer glitch because I can't think why.

Went on the chat line and apparently I failed to fill in a short questionaire within seven days. She unsuspended me so I could log on and the questionaire appeared, took a few seconds. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m in Portugal just now and couldn’t access the WH app as expected, but going in via my browser on my phone seems to work OK - I can deposit, place bets etc. Is there a reason for this? In the extremely unlikely event I won money, could they use this as an excuse not to pay out? 

Appreciate this is probably the stupidest question ever asked here but genuinely not sure how it works, and will get someone back home to stick something on for me for Saturdays games if need be. 

19 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

I’m in Portugal just now and couldn’t access the WH app as expected, but going in via my browser on my phone seems to work OK - I can deposit, place bets etc. Is there a reason for this? In the extremely unlikely event I won money, could they use this as an excuse not to pay out? 

Appreciate this is probably the stupidest question ever asked here but genuinely not sure how it works, and will get someone back home to stick something on for me for Saturdays games if need be. 

I use a VPN when I'm abroad, doesn't always work but I've never had trouble getting paid on wins. Officially they probably could withhold winnings, doubt they would notice unless it was a massive win though. No idea why it works on your browser and not your app, presumably the app is more tightly restricted, legally they're not allowed to take bets in Portugal but I'm sure they're happy to do so while claiming they're doing their best to block them. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have 7 out of 8 games up on BTTS. 

Its with Paddy power but the thing is the remaining game seems to have been played earlier today (before i placed the bet) between aylesbury and leighton town and ended 4-2! 

Will they pay out for the this game? Or just do like a non runner?

They did take the bet though and i really didnt know that it had been played.

Screenshot_20230816-214555_Paddy Power.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I made a withdrawal from bet365 a week past on Tuesday and it’s still not credited my bank account. Anyone had this before? They asked me to contact my bank, which I did, who said they can’t trace incoming payments. Bet365 are saying that they’ve definitely processed it and they seem unwilling to do anything else. It’s not a huge amount so not the end of the world but it’s annoying nonetheless. I made another withdrawal the same night which landed in my account after a couple of hours and the details that they’re saying they sent the payment to are correct. Anyone got any ideas/suggestions about what I can do? 

Edited by ScottR96

15 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

I made a withdrawal from bet365 a week past on Tuesday and it’s still not credited my bank account. Anyone had this before? They asked me to contact my bank, which I did, who said they can’t trace incoming payments. Bet365 are saying that they’ve definitely processed it and they seem unwilling to do anything else. It’s not a huge amount so not the end of the world but it’s annoying nonetheless. I made another withdrawal the same night which landed in my account after a couple of hours and the details that they’re saying they sent the payment to are correct. Anyone got any ideas/suggestions about what I can do? 

Check your bank statement for a payment of the right amount and from the same source as the Bet365 withdrawal that worked. If it's not there take a copy of the statement and send it to Bet365 as proof of non payment. I don't get your bank claiming they can't trace incoming payments, of course they can.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever had random bets made on their account?

I know that sounds totally mad but I had a grand total of £1.70 in my Ladbrokes account that ended up being placed on two losing bets in the early in hours of yesterday morning

One was a 600/1 shot

Ladbrokes suggested I change my password and gave me a £1 free bet for my troubles

Bonkers

Screenshot_20240318_160541_Gallery.jpg

On 18/03/2024 at 16:06, Ned Nederlander said:

Has anyone ever had random bets made on their account?

I know that sounds totally mad but I had a grand total of £1.70 in my Ladbrokes account that ended up being placed on two losing bets in the early in hours of yesterday morning

One was a 600/1 shot

Ladbrokes suggested I change my password and gave me a £1 free bet for my troubles

Bonkers

Screenshot_20240318_160541_Gallery.jpg

Do you keep your phone by your bed? Sounds more likely that you put the bets on yourself in a semi dream state than that someone hacked your account.

On 08/03/2024 at 15:34, Ned Nederlander said:

Got this from Virginbet today, I assume it's cause I only bet with any winnings I get from their Fives game and don't make any deposits!?

Bit peeved about it tbh

Anyone recieved anything similar?

Screenshot_20240308_152817_Email.jpg

I've had that a couple of times, Paddy Power most recently, probably because I'd had a couple of big wins and normally just use them for special offers because their odds are usually shite. Didn't last long, it's back to normal now.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you keep your phone by your bed? Sounds more likely that you put the bets on yourself in a semi dream state than that someone hacked your account.

I was up and having breakfast at that time

It had occurred to me that somehow I placed the bets myself while flicking through my phone but not two, at seperate times on the same morning for values within my credit!

It's happened previously but for slots 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I was up and having breakfast at that time

It had occurred to me that somehow I placed the bets myself while flicking through my phone but not two, at seperate times on the same morning for values within my credit!

It's happened previously but for slots 🤷‍♂️

If it happened to me I'd close my account and stick to other bookies for a while, could be they were on a trial run. Either that or a bored intern at the bookies was having a laugh.