Gambling forum quick questions thread

On 10/06/2019 at 19:31, Bully Wee Villa said:

How do you do Lay Betting? 

I had £50 on Johnson to be next PM ages ago at 10/1.

He now seems to be odds-on everywhere so wondering if I can bet against him so as to guarantee myself money either way? To complicate things, I seem to have got my account suspended by Betfair. I assume other bookies do lay betting? 

Listen to the good Father, but remember that "Next PM" and "Next Tory Party Leader" are different bets. It's possible Boris could win the leadership and not be able to prove he has the support of the house to be appointed PM. Sounds pedantic but someone on here had a bit of bother with May stopping being Party Leader but staying on as PM.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to specify which Free Bet amount to use on Paddy Power?

I have a £30 one for recently joining (use in 30 days) and a wee £2 odd free bet (use in 7 days) from their acca insurance promo. 

It only seems to take from the bigger amount free bet. 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, deej said:

Is this bet - 

image.png.8c8c75924894f72799f946c03e8b97a7.png

Livingston to win the match by exactly one goal?

Effectively yes, you're betting on the result to be a draw once Livingston's-1 handicap has been applied.

Most bookies do a winning margin market too. The price for Livingston to win by 1 will be identical.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Scotland vs San Marino ... 5/6 on a penalty on Betfair. Surely that's not very likely? How the feck do I bet against it? I've tried the Exchange and no dice :(

Some difference that. A penalty to be awarded is 3s on 365

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Can any bet-savvy P & Ber let me know how my winnings today were £54  ??  I did a patent for Ascot today with some winnings from yesterday and the stake was £1ew per line (total £14).

Ist horse won, 2nd was void and the 3rd horse was well gubbed.  I was expecting around £25ish.

Flummoxed but happy.

Cheers

P1030746.JPG

11 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Can any bet-savvy P & Ber let me know how my winnings today were £54  ??  I did a patent for Ascot today with some winnings from yesterday and the stake was £1ew per line (total £14).

Ist horse won, 2nd was void and the 3rd horse was well gubbed.  I was expecting around £25ish.

Flummoxed but happy.

Cheers

P1030746.JPG

You'll have got 2 single wins and 2 place wins.

13 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Flummoxed but happy.

Cheers

P1030746.JPG

Because of the void race your stake's been spread across 2 singles and a double instead of 3 singles, 3 doubles and a treble. 

So your stake on your winning horse to win was £2.33 at 20/1 instead of £1, and another £2.33 at 4/1 (1/5ths odds) for the place.

• 4 weeks later...