Gambling forum quick questions thread

"Messi - Ronaldo - Suarez - Neymar - All To Be Top Goalscorer For Their Countries" with McBookies .

Put it on pre-tourne...Now it states that their dead heat rules will apply but with Suarez now confirmed as ttop scorer for his country and Ronaldo joint top confirmed and Messi and Neymar both looking good how will this pan out payment wise? It was a 16/1 special.

"Messi - Ronaldo - Suarez - Neymar - All To Be Top Goalscorer For Their Countries" with McBookies .

Put it on pre-tourne...Now it states that their dead heat rules will apply but with Suarez now confirmed as ttop scorer for his country and Ronaldo joint top confirmed and Messi and Neymar both looking good how will this pan out payment wise? It was a 16/1 special.

Half.

I know some bookies are supposed to be pretty shite if you're winning constantly. I've had a few in a row with Bet365 in a new account that has left me about £200-300 up. I don't imagine that'd be enough to trouble them, but is it worth withdrawing the money whenever I win it 'just in case' or is it safe?

I know some bookies are supposed to be pretty shite if you're winning constantly. I've had a few in a row with Bet365 in a new account that has left me about £200-300 up. I don't imagine that'd be enough to trouble them, but is it worth withdrawing the money whenever I win it 'just in case' or is it safe?

I bank every win over £50 straightaway, but that's mainly to keep it away from gambling temptation. You might not get any interest in your account, but why give it to a Bookie?

Just had my Paypal account suspended because I've had more than £1900 coming in in the last year, all from gambling (not all profit I hasten to add). Something to do with money laundering stuff. I've sent proof of id etc as asked. Anyone know how long it takes to get sorted out? Just had a big win, about to go on holiday, and my money's frozen like a Russian invader of Crimea.

Edited by welshbairn

Just had my Paypal account suspended because I've had more than £1900 coming in in the last year, all from gambling (not all profit I hasten to add). Something to do with money laundering stuff. I've sent proof of id etc as asked. Anyone know how long it takes to get sorted out? Just had a big win, about to go on holiday, and my money's frozen like a Russian invader of Crimea.

Phone them. Ive had my account suspended for the exact same thing. Ive had it for years and ended up winning quite a lot of cash one night. They suspended my account, phoned them and explained where the money came from and i e mailed them copies of my passport, bank card etc. It was fixed later that day and my limit was increased to 10,000 however if i remember correctly my % fee changed slightly.

I think i was able to use the account again within 48 hours but mines was with skybet which goes through as Petfre Gibraltar ltd or something.

Phone them. Ive had my account suspended for the exact same thing. Ive had it for years and ended up winning quite a lot of cash one night. They suspended my account, phoned them and explained where the money came from and i e mailed them copies of my passport, bank card etc. It was fixed later that day and my limit was increased to 10,000 however if i remember correctly my % fee changed slightly.

I think i was able to use the account again within 48 hours but mines was with skybet which goes through as Petfre Gibraltar ltd or something.

Cheers.

P.S. All sorted after 24 hours. Didn't feel comfortable sending all that private information though. Did it all online.

Edited by welshbairn

• 2 weeks later...

Put a couple of quid that was left in my 365 account on a goal being scored in each of some random Japanese league today, to pass the time at work.

Anyways, they paid it out, I put it the returns on another couple of bets for the afternoon, and it turns out they settled it in error, and reversed the payout a couple of hours later, leaving me with a negative balance.

Can they just do that? Never heard of that before....

Yes. It's called a palpable error. They won't bother chasing you for the negative balance. Is it a big amount? If it's negligible just talk to customer services and say you are thinking of using another bookmaker.

The catch all palpable error indeed.

Strange though, as if it was settled in shop as a winner, then I would have walked with the winnings, rather than them noticing 3 hours later.

As it was, they cleared the balance

Just put a slightly drunken bet on FC Sion v Benfica at 75 mins. Benfica were 2-0 up, and the top of the page odds were 6/4. Thinking daftly that that was for them to win, I bunged a hundred on, thinking it might be an error and they'd declare a void bet, but worth a go. Turns out it was to score the 3rd goal. If there are no more goals do I get the stake back?

Just put a slightly drunken bet on FC Sion v Benfica at 75 mins. Benfica were 2-0 up, and the top of the page odds were 6/4. Thinking daftly that that was for them to win, I bunged a hundred on, thinking it might be an error and they'd declare a void bet, but worth a go. Turns out it was to score the 3rd goal. If there are no more goals do I get the stake back?

There will almost certainly be a no goals option which would have been odds on. Cross your fingers.