Gambling forum quick questions thread

Your bet would bring in 240 so you could sell it for £12 at those odds, alternatively you could sell £4 worth and keep 160 if it comes up.

Cheers, by sell you mean Lay I presume? Noticed he Eagled his last hole last night to go to -4. Just let it run I think for the sake of £4.

If I did £2.50 trixie (total £10) on a 8/13, 4/6 & 21/20 what would my maximum return be?

From Here I got a profit of £43.23

Edit: I did 21/10 not 21/20- Profit would be £27.49

Edited by Jambo Stu

Another betting and laying question :rolleyes:

Its easier to understand though if its based on your own betting.

Basically, I've £4( Billy Big Stakes, Eh!?) on Nick Watney, mainly just for interest. He is half way through his first round, and is -2.

I got him at 60.0 and he is now at 19 and able to lay at 19.5.

What kinda of money would I A) Have to put down to make some profit and B) What kind of profit could I look at?

I will not necessarily lay it but if I can make some dosh without the drama I probably will. Does the lowness of my intial stake dramatically effect the profit margins?

Sorry if these are silly questions. :(

Yours Sincerely.

J.Stu x

If you want the same return either way, you just divide the odds you backed (60) by the odds you can lay (19.5) and multiply by the stake (£4). The odds have to be in decimal form for this.

(60/19.5)*4 = £12.31 , which means lay £12.31 @ 19.5

If he wins, you win (59*4) - (18.5*12.31) = £8.27

If he doesn't win, you win 12.31 - 4 = £8.31

The same either way, except for a few pence due to rounding.

If you want the same return either way, you just divide the odds you backed (60) by the odds you can lay (19.5) and multiply by the stake (£4). The odds have to be in decimal form for this.

(60/19.5)*4 = £12.31 , which means lay £12.31 @ 19.5

If he wins, you win (59*4) - (18.5*12.31) = £8.27

If he doesn't win, you win 12.31 - 4 = £8.31

The same either way, except for a few pence due to rounding.

Thanks for this. Decided in my wisdom to let it run with 3 shot lead going into final round. He was as low as 7/4 going off on final round.

We all know how that went.... :lol:

Quick question for those that know the bookies rules. I have Tevez to finish as top league goalscorer for Man City in a few lines and the bets were struck before Baliotelli signed and wasn't in the market. Will the original book stand?

I'm trying to withdraw funds from Betfair, and the card I want to withdraw the money onto isn't part of my account.

I can't add another card as I already have 3 (the maximum allowed) on my account. It doesn't allow me to 'un-reigister' the card(s) either, so how would I go about both unregistering a card and adding another?

Thanks.

I'm trying to withdraw funds from Betfair, and the card I want to withdraw the money onto isn't part of my account.

I can't add another card as I already have 3 (the maximum allowed) on my account. It doesn't allow me to 'un-reigister' the card(s) either, so how would I go about both unregistering a card and adding another?

Thanks.

Phone them.

A simple answer, but always the most effective one in my experience with betfair.

Phone them.

A simple answer, but always the most effective one in my experience with betfair.

Yep, that's what I had to do when I went to un-register a card. It's a bit of a pain in the arse though Shakey, you need to make a deposit on your new card that matches your original deposit before you are able to withdraw any cash on it.