Gambling forum quick questions thread

What's the best bookies to ask to give you odds on something they don't have any markets on currently? I have done the request a bet with Sky Bet but I don't think they'll have got back to me by the start of the season(friday)

you might even be quicker going in to a shop and asking.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick one, stuck on the 4 teams on the weekday football type sheet in willie hills (never actually go in the bookies but was getting on the bus as thought why not) picked all 4 to win in 90 mins, but palace have come up as "WL" not "WLD" Have they accidentally put it through as "to qualify" or is it just a printing error? Seen as palace have decided to romp it home in extra time...

WraBsU4.jpg

Quick one, stuck on the 4 teams on the weekday football type sheet in willie hills (never actually go in the bookies but was getting on the bus as thought why not) picked all 4 to win in 90 mins, but palace have come up as "WL" not "WLD" Have they accidentally put it through as "to qualify" or is it just a printing error? Seen as palace have decided to romp it home in extra time...

WraBsU4.jpg

Looks like draw no bet maybe, as it is full time.

Iv a few questions

Is the commission on betfair 5% of your profit from a winning bet? How much does your account have to be in profit before you start getting the premium charges?

What's the commission on matchbook? Do matchbook have premium charges if your account is a certain amount in profit?

If they allow pros, arbers, don't limit players and have low margins (102%) I think - then how do pinnacle sports make money?

Is the commission on betfair 5% of your profit from a winning bet? How much does your account have to be in profit before you start getting the premium charges?

Until you earn 1,000 Betfair points to get you a discount.

Premium Charge, you have to have paid less than 20% in charges of the amount of your gross profit (commission paid is deducted from total winnings). There is a £1,000 allowance and any big win constituting over 50% of your profits is excluded. You have to have placed at least 250 bets also. For the "super" Premium Charge it is £250,000 in profit and 1000 total bets, with commission generated being less than 40% of your gross profits.

Basically not something to worry about until you are several thousands in profit.

What's the commission on matchbook? Do matchbook have premium charges if your account is a certain amount in profit?

1%,whether you win or lose. They actually used to pay layers 0.6% on certain markets like baseball in the good old days. No extra charges that I know of.

IIf they allow pros, arbers, don't limit players and have low margins (102%) I think - then how do pinnacle sports make money?

The margins and limits vary. When markets first open, the margins are higher and limits lower to allow the money to basically dictate where the market is set. I used to arb using Pinnacle extremely extensively going back a lot of years when bookmakers would take bets. I lost hundreds of thousands of pounds at Pinnacle because their markets were much more efficient than bookmakers who had static lines that their traders only altered manually. One decent-sized bet at Pinnacle will automatically shift their line. They make money by having efficient markets so that they are taking bets on all outcomes.

• 2 weeks later...

Chaps - Coral are offering 10-1 on fiver bet for new users on England to beat Switzerland tonight without conceding a goal - seems a decent offer to me ( free money :P )

What's folks thoughts ?

You also get a free £20 bet if the bet doesn't come off !!

I took it.

'Mon In-gur-lund !!

Edited by Ned Nederlander

• 1 month later...

Do bookies share info? I've had accounts severely limited off boyles betfred and hills in past two weeks! Seems somewhat of a coincidence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06j0br6

The BBC investigated the limiting of certain customers by bookmakers on Radio 5 Live at the weekend, available to listen to for four more weeks.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bet365 still have Craig Wighton and John Daly playing for us. Can't see either scoring today. Darren Petrie is a star player for us according to the odds. Hmmm.

Which bookie has the best, most up to date knowledge of lower league Scottish football? For instance, which bookie has realised we have signed Aiden Connolly?

Advice please.

Bet365 still have Craig Wighton and John Daly playing for us. Can't see either scoring today. Darren Petrie is a star player for us according to the odds. Hmmm.

Which bookie has the best, most up to date knowledge of lower league Scottish football? For instance, which bookie has realised we have signed Aiden Connolly?

Advice please.

I just checked Hills and McBookie and couldn't find anyone offering odds on Connolly. Also, Dale still registered on McBookie.

I just checked Hills and McBookie and couldn't find anyone offering odds on Connolly. Also, Dale still registered on McBookie.

They probably think there's not much point in changing it till the teamsheets come out. It's a pain trying to find out if a scorer you fancy is likely to be on the bench or in the squad at all, it will be no easier for them.

• 1 month later...