Gambling forum quick questions thread

Close it down forever probably, I done the same thing with bwin, as soon as I made a withdrawal they asked for ID and I sent a picture of my passport (I had turned 18 by this point) and they shut down my account.

It also says "anyone found gambling under the age of 18 will have any winnings forfeited and will be reported to the police". What would the police do?

My bet365 account is "on hold" as I havent verified my age (which I've said is 1 year older than I am) so when I turn 18 I could tell them my real age but it will be different to the one I originally gave. Should I tell them my real age now and they will keep my account for me for when im 18 or will they close it and ban me forever?

Does "on hold" mean you can gamble, but can't withdraw? Pinnacle done this with me. If that is the case, you could always put your money on something then go to a real bookies and put on the opposite... maybe get your dad to do that part though. You'd make a slight loss but it would get the money off Bet365.

Does "on hold" mean you can gamble, but can't withdraw? Pinnacle done this with me. If that is the case, you could always put your money on something then go to a real bookies and put on the opposite... maybe get your dad to do that part though. You'd make a slight loss but it would get the money off Bet365.

No I can't gamble. I think there's £20 in the account but don't want to go to the bother of trying to get it back if it could get me in further trouble. I was an idiot for setting it up in the first place.

Bang it on a horse in the national. Surely if they aren't going to give you your winnings then they should give you back whatever you put in to the account? Although when I used my bwin account I was over 18 when my first bet was placed. Don't know of that had anything to do with it.

So you placed a bet once you turned 18 then they asked for your age and they shut it down after they found out you opened the account before you turned 18? I've not placed a bet yet on Willie Hills (it was WH not bet365) because they won't let me until I prove my age.

And nah they're not giving me the money back either until I can prove my age.

Do you mean at those odds, or are you just asking a general question here? Because lots of people back and lay at different outcomes to make a profit regardless of outcome, but it's never going to be immediate like with odds in that situation.

For the odds you've given, let's say you stick a tenner on. £10 back at 2.2 would return £12, and a lay of Everton with £10 at 2.24 is a liability of £12.40. So not including commission, you're already losing 40p at those odds. Add in commission of 5% and you're losing a bit more.

Edited by Nightmare

Ok I havent put a bet on for several months, and have never bet onlie, but I went on betfair to have a look at the odds for the weekend football. I noticed a weird thing.

Everton vs Liverpool, in the 'to qualify' market, had the following odds.

Everton to qualify: Back-2.2 Lay-2.24

Does this basically mean I could both back and lay Everton to qualify and make money whatever the outcome? Sorry if this is a ridiculously stupid question.

You need the lay price to be lower than the back price to make a profit regardless.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please give me a brief outline of 'hedging' and the 'lay low/back high' methods in gambling?

Hedging is when you back a certain outcome then back the opposite outcome to minimise your loss/ guarentee a profit.

Lay low back high works exactly as it says on betfair. If you think a price is too low lay it, then back it at a higher price. Back high lay low also applies. This guarentees a no risk profit but you need to guess the way the market will move.

Hedging is when you back a certain outcome then back the opposite outcome to minimise your loss/ guarentee a profit.

Lay low back high works exactly as it says on betfair. If you think a price is too low lay it, then back it at a higher price. Back high lay low also applies. This guarentees a no risk profit but you need to guess the way the market will move.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Did blue4578 ever get that book published that he was going to write ?

Sorry not signed on here for about four months. Book will be available before the football season starts; will post up details when it's sorted.

• 3 weeks later...