Gambling forum quick questions thread

Does anyone know of any good football statistics websites which do stats on goals.

I.e. Average goals per game in a certain league, average number of goals a home/away team scores in a certain league etc.

Closest thing I can think of is http://uk.soccerway.com

Change the league table tab to "over/under", and you can also look in detail at their home or away form in specific competitions.

Edited by Nightmare

One other thing I should add about the iBetMate app which isn't obvious. If you tap the refresh button twice while viewing a market, you can set it to auto refresh and choose the rate too.

Does anyone know of any good football statistics websites which do stats on goals.

I.e. Average goals per game in a certain league, average number of goals a home/away team scores in a certain league etc.

http://www.stats.betradar.com/statistics/betfaircom/?language=en

If you need any stats regarding the English leagues, I have produced my own for various things that are not readily available, which I could post up.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's a long shot but I've made a mistake whilst placing a bet (a double) on Betfair. Obviously when you do this on a single, it's easy enough to just lay the result and get your cash back. I'm 99% certain that it's not possible to do this with a double, unless someone knows something I don't? Am I stuck with this bet?

Difference being that traditional high street bookmakers tend to offer European handicaps, with three outcomes and huge margins, while most bookmakers offer Asian Handicaps with two outcomes and small margins. If you back a team -1 on an Asian Handicap and they win by exactly one goal, then your stake is refunded. On a European handicap, where a draw on the handicap is possible, then you would lose. Therefore -1 on this sort of handicap is the equivalent to -1.5 on an Asian Handicap, and you'll likely always get better odds with the Asian variety.

Just seen shakhtar to score 1 or more at 1.65 on betfair, even though they have scored. I spent too long wondering if I was missing something and didn't get on but it appears it was a 90 minute market and another goal was not required. Did I just miss out on the fabled free money?

Just seen shakhtar to score 1 or more at 1.65 on betfair, even though they have scored. I spent too long wondering if I was missing something and didn't get on but it appears it was a 90 minute market and another goal was not required. Did I just miss out on the fabled free money?

Yip

Motherfucker. I did deposit £200 and tried to tentatively put £10 on or so but it must have got snaped up or perhaps the bet was protcted by betfair so nopbody could take advantage?

If the bet was placed before the match and selected to keep then the person would have had to cancel it themselves or it would be avaliable like u saw.

Sometimes you see bets available to back in-play on football, often on Asian Handicaps, where the price is too good to be true. When you try to take it, it disappears. Then quite often it reappears afterwards. Strange goings on, but the layer is probably linked to Betfair in that case.

Every once in a while, someone does make a massive mistake, but it's about being in the right place at the right time to take advantage.

Sometimes you see bets available to back in-play on football, often on Asian Handicaps, where the price is too good to be true. When you try to take it, it disappears. Then quite often it reappears afterwards. Strange goings on, but the layer is probably linked to Betfair in that case.

Every once in a while, someone does make a massive mistake, but it's about being in the right place at the right time to take advantage.

Yeah it looked as though some punter had just nipped in before me but it was probably something else.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just tried to deposit £10 into a Hill account, but it's saying it's not being authorised. I'm thinking it might be the type of bank account I have (a "Under 19 account") but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

One very quick (and no doubt stupid) question and one perhaps more involved.

1) If I've just placed a total stake of £X pound on a trixie, what do I say to my equally terminology-ignorant friends - an £X (total) trixie or an £X/4 (per line) trixie?

2) I've placed a total stake of £20 on a trixie with the 3 odds being 1/2, 2/5, 2/5. The first was void but the other 2 came in and I received £13.60 (plus my £20) back. I'm struggling to work out how the payout was achieved.

Anybody help point out the obvious to me

One very quick (and no doubt stupid) question and one perhaps more involved.

1) If I've just placed a total stake of £X pound on a trixie, what do I say to my equally terminology-ignorant friends - an £X (total) trixie or an £X/4 (per line) trixie?

2) I've placed a total stake of £20 on a trixie with the 3 odds being 1/2, 2/5, 2/5. The first was void but the other 2 came in and I received £13.60 (plus my £20) back. I'm struggling to work out how the payout was achieved.

Anybody help point out the obvious to me

Your treble becomes a double and one of your doubles remains. 2 of your doubles becomes singles. Therefore you have 2 doubles at odds of 1.96 returning 9.60. You have 2 singles at 2/5 returning 4 quid. therefore you get 13.60