Gambling forum quick questions thread

Reading some peoples bets, I notice that they seem to get much higher winnings than myself. Am I doing something wrong when I could do the same thing and win more, or is it just the sh*te odds?

For instance, I placed two five-team accumulators today (£1 on each):

Dunfermline (4/7)

Falkirk (10/11)

Livingston (2/5)

Peterhead (4/5)

Arbroath (8/11)

Win is £8.96.

And:

Manchester United (1/3)

Cardiff (8/15)

QPR (8/13)

Peterborough (8/11)

Shrewsbury (4/7)

Win is £13.06.

Is it just the odds, or could I be filling in something similar and getting a bigger profit? Some people seem to be putting on similar teams with much bigger cash pots. The bookie is William Hill.

The odds don't help, but it looks like you have the returns the wrong way round there also. Other than that, you have worked out the bet correctly.

£5 or £10 on those lines would clearly win you 5 times and 10 times the returns, but as you are just starting out, you are better off keeping your stakes small.

The odds don't help, but it looks like you have the returns the wrong way round there also. Other than that, you have worked out the bet correctly.

£5 or £10 on those lines would clearly win you 5 times and 10 times the returns, but as you are just starting out, you are better off keeping your stakes small.

Allright, thanks.

I stuck a fiver in the Euros but after Northern Ireland shafted me I've decided to keep it low for now until I get used to the gambling world.

Is anyone else having trouble depositing money to their Paddy Power account? I've tried to add £15 on 3 seperate occasions so far today and when I click deposit it just loads for a good bit then says 'Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage.'

If this has already been asked, i apologise.

My question is, do you still get your money back if you have games on your coupon that get postponed?

They are treated as non-runners and the bet is settled on the games that do take place, at the amended odds.

If the game is rescheduled in the same week (Mon - Sun for most companies, 3 calendar days for some companies) then the bet stands.

I have a four fold on tonight and one of the games has been abandoned, will I still get credited with the win if the other 3 teams win? I know this is the case for postponed games but I'm unsure if it's the same method for abandoned games. Imagine it would be but just double checking.

I have a four fold on tonight and one of the games has been abandoned, will I still get credited with the win if the other 3 teams win? I know this is the case for postponed games but I'm unsure if it's the same method for abandoned games. Imagine it would be but just double checking.

Yeah, unless they replay it within the timescales mentioned by m-t a couple of posts above (which they almost certainly won't). Actually happened to me in one of your abandonments vs Livi last year, fortunately the rest of my bet was up.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to work out the potential winnings from my accumulator, if I win I don't want to just turn up and accept whatever amount of money they hand me because I could in theory get ripped off. Thing is I have quite a lot of handicap bets, and I have no idea how to work out the odds for them.

What odds would a team at 2/7 get me if I put them -1 in my bet and they won 2-0 for example, or what about if a 10-1 lost 2-0 and I had them at +3 goals? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I haven't got a scooby how to work out the odds. Cheers.

I'm trying to work out the potential winnings from my accumulator, if I win I don't want to just turn up and accept whatever amount of money they hand me because I could in theory get ripped off. Thing is I have quite a lot of handicap bets, and I have no idea how to work out the odds for them.

What odds would a team at 2/7 get me if I put them -1 in my bet and they won 2-0 for example, or what about if a 10-1 lost 2-0 and I had them at +3 goals? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I haven't got a scooby how to work out the odds. Cheers.

If you are placing a handicap bet, it will have the odds next to it on the slip. Take Liverpool today for instance, for you to have a flutter on Liverpool -1 goal you would get odds of around 2.38.

Also, if you are betting in store, most places these days (it's been a while since I've been in a shop right enough) give you the estimated return from your stake, meaning that you can't possibly be 'ripped off'.

If you are placing a handicap bet, it will have the odds next to it on the slip. Take Liverpool today for instance, for you to have a flutter on Liverpool -1 goal you would get odds of around 2.38.

Also, if you are betting in store, most places these days (it's been a while since I've been in a shop right enough) give you the estimated return from your stake, meaning that you can't possibly be 'ripped off'.

Cheers, Airdrie fucked my coupon anyway so in the end it didn't matter how much my winnings would've been.

• 2 weeks later...

After withdrawing funds from a PaddyPower Account, approximately how long does it take before the cash goes into your bank account?

Weirdly i came onto this thread to ask the exact same question. The answer below makes pretty pleasant reading (it had better be in tomorrow).

No, it's fine for me. Post your username and password and I'll see if it works on my laptop.

:lol:

I can get on it but when I try to play Poker, it's saying that I don't have any funds in my account. :(