Gambling forum quick questions thread

Would anyone be able to find me the odds of Messi not scoring during the World Cup, preferably prior to it starting?

I know I can't bet on this now, I'm just wondering what it would have been as I'm sure most people were betting on him banging in quite a few.

Good question - except I don't know the answer.

Some bookmakers were offering Over/Under a certain number of goals for individual players before the World Cup started. However, Messi's total will have been 3 or 3.5 so that's no good. Alternatively, you could've just layed him to score any time for each game and rolled over the returns onto the next one. He was odds on to score in all of the group games, mostly you could lay in the low 1.8's. Today you could've layed about Evens, he went off at about 2.04. The only problem with that is that in the knockout stages, extra doesn't count for those bets. So he could score a hat-trick in extra time and your bet would be a winner provided he didn't score in 90 mins.

If you'd layed him to score in every game so far and rolled over all returns onto the next bet, your odds would be between 21/1 and 22/1 so far.

I only ever go to coral around the corner and thats only ever so often but i keep thinking about doing it online in the comfort of my own home "well moving house and not near a bookies" and i just dont want to be forever coming on and putting a bet on

I just got fed up of going down the street to put a bet on after a while myself, I just eventually cracked. What I will recommend is look for a decent online free bet offer if you do decide, as there are quite a few going about just now.

My self discipline id like to think is good. But its good o hear stories from those who bet on line on a regular basis

I never bet in shops. On the few occsions when I have been in a shop, I have had no idea what to do or where to go laugh.gif

Only ever bet online. I have become very disciplined and don't put on daft bets for interest. I only bet on what I know and stick to Spanish football with some other bets on the Premiership and Serie A.

The main thing is to think about things in a rational fashion and don't get caught up in it and chase lost winnings. You have to become detached and think about things logically. Don't get me wrong, when I first started I lost a couple of hundred quid in the first two or three months as it was so easy to place bets on almost any sports at any time of the day. You suddenly become an expert on the Romanian 4th Division because you placed a stupid bet and won. I stuck £5 on a Brazilian lower league game once as it was the only game due to start in the next 10 minutes and won. This one off success led me in completely the wrong direction.

Would I have placed such a bet in the shop? No, because I doubt you would get access to such a bet in the shop without specifically asking about it and the counter staff phoning headquarters but online it is much easier.

Apply the same rules for successful gambling which others have posted on here before when gambling online. For me it is that simple.

Hope that was helpful.

Now for a shameless plug biggrin.gif Anyone looking to get an online account, open a betfair account, PM me and I will give you my refer and earn code. Stick in £30 and get it matched and we both get £30 cash bonus each (not a free bet but actual cash credited to your account).

Edited by fueradejuego

A mate used to always tell me you should never bet against yourself, that is to say if you have a side to win on one line you shouldn't pick them to draw or lose on another.

I know things are different on Betfair (which I don't pretend to understand) where you can back and lay at different prices to limit losses or better but what about this as a general rule, especially for a small stakes punter?

I've seen a few bets listed on here where posters appear to be effectively betting against themselves.

How easy is it to get addicted to online betting?

Most compulsive gamblers will answer YES to at least SEVEN of these questions:

1. Do you lose time from work due to gambling?

2. Is gambling making your home life unhappy?

3. Is gambling affecting your reputation?

4. Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?

5. Do you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or to otherwise solve financial difficulties?

6. Does gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?

7. After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses.

8. After a win do you have a strong urge to return and win more?

9. Do you often gamble until your last pound is gone?

10. Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling?

11. Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?

12. Are you reluctant to use gambling money for normal expenditures?

13. Does gambling make you careless of the welfare of your family?

14. Do you gamble longer than you planned?

15. Do you ever gamble to escape worry or trouble?

16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?

17. Does gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?

18. Do arguments, disappointments, or frustrations create an urge within you to gamble?

19. Do you have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours gambling?

20. Have you ever considered self-destruction as a result of your gambling?

In my experience if you do numbers 9 and 14 on a regular basis you're a compulsive gambler, if anyone has a problem don't wait 'til you start selling your soul, get help b4 you reach that stage.

Most compulsive gamblers will answer YES to at least SEVEN of these questions:

1. Do you lose time from work due to gambling? ....

... 20. Have you ever considered self-destruction as a result of your gambling?

In my experience if you do numbers 9 and 14 on a regular basis you're a compulsive gambler, if anyone has a problem don't wait 'til you start selling your soul, get help b4 you reach that stage.

Hopefully no one on here will be answering yes to many, if any at all, of those questions.

I can honestly answer no to them all.

The easiest thing to do with an online account is deposit some cash and gamble with that and only that. Don't add anymore into the pot.

When putting on a top goal scorer bet if the player you selected is joint top do you get paid out? I presumed yes but wasn't totally sure.

It's settled as a dead heat, so if your selection ties with one other, you get half your stake at the price you backed it at.

Alonso first goalscorer last night at 18s

scored 1st pen,missed retake as we know

Chanes out of ten of corals paying me out .....

Please tell me this isn't a serious question...

I've been registered with Betfair for a while now and normally used it for singles but I was buggering about with it this morning trying to get a double or a treble on today. Every time I clicked on one selection, it cancelled my other selection. I've included some screenshots so you know what I am talking about.

post-10154-12787487211682_thumb.jpg

See the right hand side where I have selected Bury.

post-10154-12787488466845_thumb.jpg

See the right hand side where I have selected Charlton.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Make sure you select dports then press multiples on the left or top left . They usually have a coupon during the season . You can usually still pick the leagues you want press English or Scottish footy the leagues should come up . They might not be doing Long terms yet. in the multiple section