Gambling forum quick questions thread

1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:

When you make a bet for a red card in a match, now that managers can get red carded, doesn't that technically count within the betting confines as well now?

Skybet rules: "Only cards shown to players currently on the pitch will count.
Cards shown to managers, players already substituted off or substitutes not yet used do not count towards the total."

Other bookies may have different rules.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Skybet rules: "Only cards shown to players currently on the pitch will count.
Cards shown to managers, players already substituted off or substitutes not yet used do not count towards the total."

Other bookies may have different rules.

Cheers. It wasn't clear on PP so I managed to argue my stake back. It's something you don't think about until you've got a stake in the question.

1 minute ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Cheers. It wasn't clear on PP so I managed to argue my stake back. It's something you don't think about until you've got a stake in the question.

I think you can call that a win!

• 1 month later...

My bet365 account has been restricted.  I've had no communication from them to say why and I haven't even really placed many bets with it.  I only ever put £5 on a three or four team coupon every few Saturdays.  I often go months without betting and never do anything strange on my account.

According to Google, there's nothing I can do and my accounts basically dead.  It's only got 34p in it at the moment.

23 hours ago, ICTChris said:

My bet365 account has been restricted.  I've had no communication from them to say why and I haven't even really placed many bets with it.  I only ever put £5 on a three or four team coupon every few Saturdays.  I often go months without betting and never do anything strange on my account.

According to Google, there's nothing I can do and my accounts basically dead.  It's only got 34p in it at the moment.

Were you in profit with them? I don't really understand how they make these decisions unless people are arbing or something which you say you weren't. I'd have thought your kind of gambling would be their bread and butter, apart from trying to get serious addicts to borrow more and gamble it.

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

@jagfox OG @welshbairn

Will y'all explain the Goal line betting to me?

Such as in today's Liverpool-Brentford match, Liverpool -1.5, 2 is -106

and Brentford +1.5, +2 is -112.

The first two numbers throw me off. I getting laying 106 to win 100, but not the rest.

Cheers.

7 minutes ago, jagfox OG said:

That is some kind of Asian handicap goals betting. I’m not too sure on that. Also I have no idea about US odds whatsoever. 

Me neither. Asian handicap betting rules out a draw I believe, but I've never got my head around it, or goal line betting. Somebody on the NFL thread might understand it better.

@AmericanFan

If you take Liverpool -1.5, -2 on Asian handicap and stake £10, the stake will split into 2x£5 stakes with £5 on Liverpool -1.5 and £5 on Liverpool -2.

This means if Liverpool win by 1 you lose both bets, if they win by 2 then the -1.5 bet is a winner and the -2 is a refund (as there are no draws in Asian handicap), and if they win by 3 or more then both bets are winners.

Goal line works the same way, £10 on over 1.5, 2 splits into 2 stakes. 1 goal in the game both bets lose, 2 goals one wins and the other is a refund and 3 or more goals both bets win.

I’m not familiar with American gambling markets and don’t have a clue about the odds, but your message looks like you are betting on the amount of goals Liverpool or Brentford will score as a team which you don’t  get a market on in the UK?

Hope that helps!

29 minutes ago, Mr_Magoo said:

@AmericanFan

If you take Liverpool -1.5, -2 on Asian handicap and stake £10, the stake will split into 2x£5 stakes with £5 on Liverpool -1.5 and £5 on Liverpool -2.

This means if Liverpool win by 1 you lose both bets, if they win by 2 then the -1.5 bet is a winner and the -2 is a refund (as there are no draws in Asian handicap), and if they win by 3 or more then both bets are winners.

Goal line works the same way, £10 on over 1.5, 2 splits into 2 stakes. 1 goal in the game both bets lose, 2 goals one wins and the other is a refund and 3 or more goals both bets win.

I’m not familiar with American gambling markets and don’t have a clue about the odds, but your message looks like you are betting on the amount of goals Liverpool or Brentford will score as a team which you don’t  get a market on in the UK?

Hope that helps!

Ok, I think that helps, but no, it's not total goals, it's the spread.  I believe your first line is what's accurate, at least what I interpret it at my book.

Someone way back said that the UK does fraction bets? Where over here it's + and - where everything basically revolves around 100.  In a - number, such as -150, you're laying 150 to win 100, while a +150 you'd lay 100 to win 150.

40 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Ok, I think that helps, but no, it's not total goals, it's the spread.  I believe your first line is what's accurate, at least what I interpret it at my book.

Someone way back said that the UK does fraction bets? Where over here it's + and - where everything basically revolves around 100.  In a - number, such as -150, you're laying 150 to win 100, while a +150 you'd lay 100 to win 150.

Yes here we use either fractional odds or we just use a decimal multiplier.

Your -150 odds would 4/6 (odds on) or 1.667.   You bet 150 and it returns 250.

Your +150 odds would be 6/4 (odds against) or 2.5.  You bet 100 and it returns 250.

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

How the hell do you put on an accumulator on Bet365? They must've changed the website since I was last on and I just can't figure it out even on reading their instructions in help section!

No recent change that I can see, as you pick your bets a pop up box appears and you enter your stake.

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Some related bets can't be combined, what were you betting on?

It was just a bog standard accumulator on 3 or so of yesterday's games like I'd done previously many times. I'm probably missing something stupidly obvious. 

19 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

It was just a bog standard accumulator on 3 or so of yesterday's games like I'd done previously many times. I'm probably missing something stupidly obvious. 

Do you get this far? I just logged on, clicked on the 3 bets and the new window appeared. It's on my laptop but the phone app is much the same.

image.thumb.png.10a8d145820ea0cc3a509996951c14ac.png

Edited by welshbairn

• 6 months later...