Gambling forum quick questions thread

Never had it happen but it seems like all events which were already settled should be allowed to stand... so if you had bet on over 0.5 goals, or a first goalscorer, and the bet had come in, you'd keep your money. 

For events where the bet hadn't yet been settled, it seems to be carried on to whenever the bet is settled. So long as the match is settled within three days. 

If it takes longer than three days to rearrange you just get your stake back. 

That's how I've read it anyway! 

Bloke on the helpdesk said it couldn't be cancelled ... bloke on the Twitter page says he's gonna try and cancel it.

Fingers crossed.

Edit: Twitter bloke cancelled it in about 5 minutes.

Cheers, nothing to see here.

Edited by Ned Nederlander

41 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Bloke on the helpdesk said it couldn't be cancelled ... bloke on the Twitter page says he's gonna try and cancel it.

Fingers crossed.

Edit: Twitter bloke cancelled it in about 5 minutes.

Cheers, nothing to see here.

I'd have thought any unsettled in play bet would have to be voided, the odds would invariably be wrong for the replay.

Skybet rules.

If a match is abandoned, any bets where the outcome has already been decided e.g. half-time result or first team to score will stand. All other bets will be made void regardless of the score-line at the time of abandonment. Abandoned games will be deemed to be games which do not reach their natural conclusion by midnight local time.

Edited by welshbairn

On 31/08/2018 at 21:25, welshbairn said:

If a match is abandoned, any bets where the outcome has already been decided e.g. half-time result or first team to score will stand. All other bets will be made void regardless of the score-line at the time of abandonment. Abandoned games will be deemed to be games which do not reach their natural conclusion by midnight local time.

What happens for the Spanish 11pm kick offs, are they all classed as abandoned at half time?

Does anyone use Betfred?

I signed up to use their £30 free bet offer and or the life of me couldn't find the Scotland/Belgium game (other than a couple of specials) and my intended bet Belgium & Faroes eventually came in (2.5 on betfair)

Undetered I checked last night's fixtures and decided Brazil & Ecuador were good to go .... couldn't find them either!!

Both of them came in as well!!

Their site is clunky and a totally shit IMO.

Saved themselves about £25 so far right enough!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 10:10, Ned Nederlander said:

Does anyone use Betfred?

I signed up to use their £30 free bet offer and or the life of me couldn't find the Scotland/Belgium game (other than a couple of specials) and my intended bet Belgium & Faroes eventually came in (2.5 on betfair)

Undetered I checked last night's fixtures and decided Brazil & Ecuador were good to go .... couldn't find them either!!

Both of them came in as well!!

Their site is clunky and a totally shit IMO.

Saved themselves about £25 so far right enough!

Only ever used Betfred for matched betting, but yeah, the interface is an absolute shambles.

The games would have been on there somewhere, as it does have a decent level of depth. Just a pain in the arse to find what you want.

• 1 month later...

Chaps, obviously I've Googled this but I'm still not clear on the details,

Last time Man Utd & Juve played I had Bet365 match my stake with an in-play bonus, I didn't know it was going to happen,

How does this work? Is it random, is it featured games? Is it just Champions League?

If I stick my usual fiver on the game tonight will I get an in play bonus?

20 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Chaps, obviously I've Googled this but I'm still not clear on the details,

Last time Man Utd & Juve played I had Bet365 match my stake with an in-play bonus, I didn't know it was going to happen,

How does this work? Is it random, is it featured games? Is it just Champions League?

If I stick my usual fiver on the game tonight will I get an in play bonus?

They choose a game roughly once a month, usually high profile EPL game or Champions League involving an English team. You should get an email a day or so before the next one, and you'll get a message when you log on. You won't get the free inplay bet tonight.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

They choose a game roughly once a month, usually high profile EPL game or Champions League involving an English team. You should get an email a day or so before the next one, and you'll get a message when you log on. You won't get the free inplay bet tonight.

Cool, I'll watch out for it in the future.

Ta.

• 3 weeks later...

"partially" cashed out bets, are where you take some of the profit and leave the rest of your stake to ride on the final result.

So as an example, £10 at 10/1 to win £110 but half way through your team are 1-0 up and you are being offered a £40 full cash out or you can sacrifice £5 (as an example) of your original stake to net you £20 immediately and the other £5 would be calculated as your original stake, so basically the most you could ever win here would be £70.00 plus your fiver if you let it go to the end and your result came up.

In this instance the bonus would be void as you used the partial cash out facility.

Hope that makes sense !!!

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Chaps, I don't understand Paddy Powers 'Cash Out' offer for tonight,

Cash Out to me means to take the cash early before the event is over but the small print states that 'partially' cashed out bets won't qualify ... in this case are they just matching your winning bet profit ?

Screenshot_20181127-144614_Email.jpg

Sorry, forgot the quote for my response.