Driving

Guest FC_1919

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I thought so, but I reckon 2 or 3 lessons in a week is possible up until september, bar the 2 weeks I am on holiday, so we shall see, other thing is the cost I need to find a job since i cant afford the 40 odd quid for a two hour lesson.

Aye and it gets worse once you pass. A car/Insurance/Fuel/Repairs etc etc.Still enjoy.

I really need to start learning, how long did it generally take people to pass, since my directional sense if awful and with all these new test changes, is it possible in 4 months, considering I am off to uni I will have a lot of free time.

The DSA website will state that the average person takes 48 hours of lessons and private practice.

Ive had pupils which pass in 15 hours and a select few which take 100 hours plus. There are many really poor instructors about, as a DIT i wouldn't touch an ADI which isn't a grade 5 or 6.

Anyone which claims to pass in 2/3/5 lessons is just a lier.

The DSA website will state that the average person takes 48 hours of lessons and private practice.

Ive had pupils which pass in 15 hours and a select few which take 100 hours plus. There are many really poor instructors about, as a DIT i wouldn't touch an ADI which isn't a grade 5 or 6.

Not true,I had been driving since i was 15 on private land and only took lessons to get to know the test routes.

I took lessons pretty much weekly for nigh on two years, and failed three times. Never ever put me off - I'm like Capy, I absolutely love driving.

My tolerance of other drivers, especially poor ones, can wane slightly though.

Guest The Phoenix

[quote name='perthshirebell' date='05 June 2010 - 20:14' timestamp='1275765253' post='4512006'

I took three lessons and past my test two months after my 17th birthday.

And I'm not a lier (or a liar :rolleyes: ).

Admittedly, the guy walking in front of my car with the red flag was a great help.

Not true,I had been driving since i was 15 on private land and only took lessons to get to know the test routes.

post-16590-12757658513737_thumb.jpg Keithgy sees off the other side.

I took lessons pretty much weekly for nigh on two years, and failed three times. Never ever put me off - I'm like Capy, I absolutely love driving.

My tolerance of other drivers, especially poor ones, can wane slightly though.

Good for you.

Good for you.

Cheers.

I don't feel as if I properly learnt until I was driving on my own. When I was learning, I actually dreaded the idea of being alone in the car - now, it's a pain in the arse when anyone else is with me!

Cheers.

I don't feel as if I properly learnt until I was driving on my own. When I was learning, I actually dreaded the idea of being alone in the car - now, it's a pain in the arse when anyone else is with me!

Im a bit like that.Maybe that is why i did overnights to London for a couple of years. I liked the solitude.

Cheers.

Tell me about it,My wife learned to drive 2 years ago and now everytime i am driving it is,You are to close or slow down <_<

Cheers.

It's a view which i certainly relate too. Like keithgy will confirm, in any line of work you learn from your mistakesbiggrin.gif

I actually quite like driving myself, as i feel semi-talented.

Yeah I thought so, but I reckon 2 or 3 lessons in a week is possible up until september, bar the 2 weeks I am on holiday, so we shall see, other thing is the cost I need to find a job since i cant afford the 40 odd quid for a two hour lesson.

I would advise doing one hour lessons as opposed to two hour lessons. I took about 9 months to pass, although only done about 30 lessons during that time.

No i have been trained by UPS to a high standard and know how to drive,We go through an SAV (space and viability)test every 6 months and trust me it does work.

You have already given me the impression i need. Courier drivers are the most aggressive drivers on the road. Im not saying they are bad drivers just aggressive.

If i ever teach Fleet driving( i dont do UPS) Eco- friendly driving and follwing distance are always number 1 and 2 on the list.

You have already given me the impression i need. Courier drivers are the most aggressive drivers on the road. Im not saying they are bad drivers just aggressive.

If i ever teach Fleet driving( i dont do UPS) Eco- friendly driving and follwing distance are always number 1 and 2 on the list.

All UPS training is done in house.

What following distance would you suggest?I ask this as we are trained to follow at certain time distance.

Archived