The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

McDowall was sacked in 96. John Corson was chairman at the time.

It would require a fair amount of humble pie on Saints part for KMcD to take over as manager, as he had to sue the club to get anything out of them in '96

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would require a fair amount of humble pie on Saints part for KMcD to take over as manager, as he had to sue the club to get anything out of them in '96

But would it? The people and financial situation are totally different now.

Don't know where you're getting your odds from.

If you'd read the thread you'd know, Frank.. :rolleyes:

But I'll edit the poll to reflect the ones you've shown when I've got 5 mins.

£1.2m a year I believe.

With Zola on £1.8m.

Shows just how gargantuan the gap between SPL and EPL has become when the assistant manager of one of the relagation candidates gets paid double (and maybe more?) what the highest manager in the SPL gets.

I know, it's the old firm I feel sorry for, they've raped Scottish football for over a century playing the religious card, yet they still can't compete with the big boys. Poor wee lambs.

Surely Pressley has to get a mention, a young ambitious manager like that would jump at the chance to f*ck up another SPL side.

only in your wet dreams.

Mixu is a credible candidate for the job although if there's a regime change in the boardroom I'm guessing the new guys coming in already know who it'll be.

Steve Clark took in a Saints home game recently and admitted he was shocked by the standard on display , not just Saints but the SPL in the whole. He went on to say he would consider going into management in the SPL .

Not convinced he knows the Scottish game well enough though he did well when boss of Newcastle for a period.

Sounds like he knows it just fine <_<

I suggested Mixu on B&W Army months ago and got shot down for it. I still think of all the plausible candidates, he'd be possibly the best shout.

Mixu has told the media that he'd love to return Clicky

Good news :D

Would be risky as he wasn't outstanding at Hibs but better than many of the others.

Not so sure, I thought he was unlucky at Hibs. He's also coached our U19s as well as playing for us.

I've just received a text speculating that Arthur Numan has put his name into the hat. :blink::ph34r:

The guy has been right in the past, but this is more than likely pish, but i thought i would post it for a laugh.

I've just received a text speculating that Arthur Numan has put his name into the hat. :blink::ph34r:

The guy has been right in the past, but this is more than likely pish, but i thought i would post it for a laugh.

Extremely doubt it laugh.gif

Billy Stark IMO. Buddies legend, will not be subjected to too much much abuse and has not a bad pedigree with him.

Failing that, John Robertson although I would prefer him to Pressley at Falkirk

Billy Stark IMO. Buddies legend, will not be subjected to too much much abuse and has not a bad pedigree with him.

stark's a joke figure. Can handle kids but has an utterly honking career as a first team boss.

Macdowall is the only credible appointment. If he's offered gus's package he'll take it.

Can handle kids but has an utterly honking career as a first team boss.

A show in for the Celtic job.. :ph34r:

Macdowall is the only credible appointment. If he's offered gus's package he'll take it.

I wouldn't say the only credible appointment. He also has absolutely no experience as a manager.

the sun say john hartson is being considered

http://www.thescotti...saint-John.html

Quelle surprise, personally I wish his bollock cancer had killed him as I'm fed up listening to his constant pish in the media.

Hartson is a joke of a suggestion and typical of the red tops who have their old firm blinkers on. Has Hartson been suggested for the Celtic job? Of course not, but he's "obviously" good enough for a provincial diddy club. f**k The Sun.. <_<

I saw Mixu in Glasgow yesterday.......

He was in Hamburg for the Europa Final, and if he's in Glasgow today I would fully expect him to be here to watch the Scottish Cup Final.

JOhn Robertson is currently working as a coach at Clach.

Archived