The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Steve Clarke? Im trying to think of another Steve Clarke as surely your not seriously meaning the one that's the Assistant Manager at West Ham? He was on £400,000 a year! Doubt the saints will pay anywhere near that.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Clarke? Im trying to think of another Steve Clarke as surely your not seriously meaning the one that's the Assistant Manager at West Ham? He was on £400,000 a year! Doubt the saints will pay anywhere near that.

I don't think anyone with half a brain is suggesting that he would be a realistic candidate. His name comes up because he's an ex-player.

HAHAHA, I Think its quite funny how a bunch of hopeless duds actually believe tht wif no budjet they can find a better manager, in my opinion, they have simply thrown away their only mere chance of survival next season

Im led to believe that Derek Adams has signed a deal with St Mirren any truth in this?huh.gif

If the takeover is to happen, a new manager will be appointed after that. Gilmour has apparently said an announcement will be made within the next couple of days to inform the fans what is happening.

Until that announcement I would be very surprised if anything happens on the managerial front, no matter what the papers (or idle gossip) allude to.

Im surprised McGlynn hasnt been mentioned.

Ive been mentioning him on another site.

For me... Adams would be my no 1 target... with McGlynn an adequate alternative.

What are his best and worst points in your opinion?

I don't think Adams would be a good appointment unless you were taking George Adams too.

IMO McDowell should be the target as he is known and trusted by Celtic and Murray Park with their youths.

I don't think anyone with half a brain is suggesting that he would be a realistic candidate. His name comes up because he's an ex-player.

He's bluddie minded though, always a plus.

Jim Gannon will be the new St Mirren manger, but I've voted for Lennon because Gannon's not an option.

No, it is just deflection whilst we go after Paul Lambert. Keep it hush- hush though. laugh.gif

Think McDowall is the best for the job, but I would also like to see big Mixu in the Scottish game.

I was looking to see what Mixu was up to, and wiki shows he's not a manager just now. He may be doing things in the media, I'm not sure, but I feel the return of Mixu would be welcomed by most Saints fans. While the Hibs fans didn't take to him, he wasn't given a lot of time and finished in the top 6 in his only season.

£1.2m a year I believe.

With Zola on £1.8m.

Shows just how gargantuan the gap between SPL and EPL has become when the assistant manager of one of the relagation candidates gets paid double (and maybe more?) what the highest manager in the SPL gets.

I don't know why Gordon Brown is on the list. Does he have any managerial experience? I can't think of anyone becoming a football manager having not been involved in the sport as player/coach previously.

If Gordon Brown is 1000/1 then what are the odds on Jocky Scott who hasn't even been given a mention? The St Mirren board could make a few quid.

Steve Clark took in a Saints home game recently and admitted he was shocked by the standard on display , not just Saints but the SPL in the whole. He went on to say he would consider going into management in the SPL .

Not convinced he knows the Scottish game well enough though he did well when boss of Newcastle for a period.

Kenny McDowall remains my number one choice , however I can’t see Stuart Gilmour appointing him after sacking him as Jimmy Bones assistant. Our fans are going on about a take over but Gilmour in today’s PDE does not hint at one in the near future.Thankfully no compensation was paid out to Gus due to a clause in his contract. Gilmour has obviously learned over the Hendriegate affaire

Archived