The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What about us? :(

The thing is there are always going to be a number of clubs around our size who cycle from mid Premier League to mid first division, probably all the teams you mentioned, us and Falkirk. You've been in the middle/upper half of that pack for quite a while and became disillusioned that you couldn't push on towards the top, so chucked Lennon. Being in the middle of that pack is a pretty decent achievement I think because you're always going to have a few teams (ICT, Motherwell and St J) who go through a prolonged spell of being pretty good, and certainly somewhere I'd settle for Thistle staying for a few years.

Apologies, slipped my mind!

The fact is, we were crap last season aswell. Just because the teams around us (sorry) were equally shit doesn't make up for it. If you remember, it was our worst league start in decades last season. Hearts were in touching distance until we beat them at Tynecastle. We were really really crap. If Hearts hadn't had the points deduction we would have finished 4 points off bottom and 1 point off the play off spot. Our 8th place finish was not comfortable in the slightest and was only ensured by a few lucky results, like beating United on boxing day and our 2-0 comeback against Motherwell before the split.

Edit: So no, I wouldn't take Lennon back. His signings were awful. If it wasn't for youngsters like McGinn, McLean, Naismith and Kelly breaking into the team we'd have been goosed. He played our young wing backs as a last resort to stabilise the ship and thankfully it worked, but if it didn't... What we wanted was someone to come in and rejuvenate the team and mix things up a little because we've been stagnant. Replacing Danny with someone who was part of the old regime was an awful decision.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lennon had to go. It was the right decision at the right time.

The decision to appoint TC was absolutely horrendous though. I'm not just saying that with hindsight.

It was absolute madness to appoint a 64 year old man with only 6 months managerial experience about 20 years ago. I'm all for giving inexperienced managers a chance at times but not a 64 year old inexperienced manager. If he's not managed by the age of 64 its because he's no f**king good at it.

Insane decision that was as clear as day at the time. Lets just hope we make the right decision now.

Archived