The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In Barry Smith's defence (I know, I bet you never seen this coming!) the season we were in the SPL which was only officially confirmed the day before the season had started and Smith had spent pretty much all our budget on First Division quality as he was preparing for that league, he still had the side 3 points better off than County and St Mirren are now.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Teale has ever scored a league goal for us.

Scored a few in the cups but none in the league. Closest he came was against Celtic the first game after the cup win but Celtic were awarded a free-kick as Dummett was being fouled...

The only way Barry Smith could have been less subtle was by using a flashing neon sign screaming "come and get me": http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/alloa-boss-smith-i-will-not-make-the-first-move-to-become-st-mirren-manager.1418225065

Scored a few in the cups but none in the league. Closest he came was against Celtic the first game after the cup win but Celtic were awarded a free-kick as Dummett was being fouled...

The only way Barry Smith could have been less subtle was by using a flashing neon sign screaming "come and get me": http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/alloa-boss-smith-i-will-not-make-the-first-move-to-become-st-mirren-manager.1418225065

Which clearly was the correct decision.

Collum???

Not Smith, Stark, Calderwood or Adams. I wouldn't be against the board appointing a foreign manager after all it can't get much worse than the previous regime. Listening to Gilmour on the radio he said he was looking for a wheeler and dealer type with contacts - Tommy Craig had contacts and look how that went, we ended up with fucking Marwood amongst other dross. We need a manager not a coach.

A lot of credit was given to Butcher for building our squad with relatively unknown players from English lower leagues. He's just ruled himself out of the 'Well job. Butcher and Malpas to Paisley?>

Can't see butcher being in a rush to take a job given how well he'll be compensated on his gardening leave.

Aye I had thought he might still be being paid by Hibs and that would no doubt be dependent on him not taking another job. On the other hand he might be keen to get back into management quickly to erase the memory of his disaster at Easter Road.

Without reading through everything, I seen this morning that Barry Smith is being considered for the job.

You can look forward to Steven Milne, Nicky Rilley and Stephen O'Donnell playing for you if that's the case.

post-1545-0-58179600-1418247357_thumb.jp

Lomas took us to third in the league and adapted his team around the players he had.

He also got a great effort from the players despite being unpopular with most people at the club and hating being there. He would certainly be miles ahead of Smith or Billy fucking Stark for me.

I might have missed something somewhere, but what has happened to Gregg Wylde?

Wylde is on the way back from injury.

Stu, on 10 Dec 2014 - 13:51, said:

snapback.png

The win over Rangers combined with him being from Paisley and a Saints fan is about the only reason I can think of for folk wanting him. We need someone to turn around our season, Dundee binned him because they didn't think he could turn theirs round two years ago so that's far from a ringing endorsement. I can't believe the number of people wanting him.

Supposedly Chick Young was on the radio on Saturday claiming we have a player who suddenly claims to be injured or have a knock the day before games. I didn't hear it so have no idea who it was but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Plummer he's been a fortnight away from coming back since September!

You'd have thought someone like Teale would have been ideal to help Drury considering they both play the same position. Had to laugh at the PDE a wee while ago when Teale said he'd been giving Drury advice on scoring - Drury has scored about as many goals in three months as Teale has in three years!

That player is Plummer , Chico said it was him on Air.

Archived