The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Gus had trawled the lower leagues for that type of player he would of been torn to shreds, McDowall, Balmer, McStay.......Lennon doing so is being seen as perfectly acceptable. I despair. :(

What do you base this assertion on?

I'd much rather Gus had brought one (or even two) lower league players in ahead of Wyness or AJ for example. I'm pretty sure a substantial proportion of the Saints support would agree with that.

If you are despairing before the ink has even dried on Lennon's contract, then I reckon you might be deprived of sunlight or haven't been getting any action recently :P

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you base this assertion on?

I'd much rather Gus has brought one (or even two) lower league players in ahead of Wyness or AJ for example. I'm pretty sure a substantial proportion of the Saints support would agree with that.

If you are despairing before the ink has even dried on Lennon's contract, then I reckon you might be deprived of sunlight or haven't been getting any action recently :P

Remember it's an opinion game. Gus took a chance on experience rather than trawling the lower leagues. I remember when Wyness signed and many thought it was a good signing...."a foil for Dargo" "experienced player" Johnston I'll give you :lol: At the end of the day Gus did what he did and whilst not setting the heather on fire had a modicum of success. I am no advocate of Gus. I gave up my season book on the basis I was sick of watching his team on a regular basis and more importantly a club which failed to look interested in progressing. Lennon may be a success, good luck to him and I hope it does work out but it is a gamble none the less.

I hope we get him for nothing anyway, it's the best thing for us. f**k anyone else.

I hope that Cowden refuse to be bullied. Like every Cowden fan I'd prefer it if Lennon stays at Central Park, but he's earned his shot at the big time. I hope that Danny Lennon does a good job at St Mirren and manages to keep them in the SPL. Then at the end of next season, when Walter Smith finally packs it it, I hope that Rangers approach Lennon, show him around Ibrox, then tell St Mirren that they want Lennon - but as they are in some financial bother, they've decided not to compensate St Mirren. I'm sure the St Mirren board and fans will understand, and will sympathise with Rangers in their sad plight. They will also, I'm sure, sympathise with Rangers fans who post: "I hope we get him for nothing anyway, it's the best thing for us. f**k anyone else." ;)

Remember it's an opinion game. Gus took a chance on experience rather than trawling the lower leagues. I remember when Wyness signed and many thought it was a good signing...."a foil for Dargo" "experienced player" Johnston I'll give you :lol: At the end of the day Gus did what he did and whilst not setting the heather on fire had a modicum of success. I am no advocate of Gus. I gave up my season book on the basis I was sick of watching his team on a regular basis and more importantly a club which failed to look interested in progressing. Lennon may be a success, good luck to him and I hope it does work out but it is a gamble none the less.

It certainly is a gamble (as would any appointment be), and I wholly respect your opinion. I was more picking up on your comment about Gus being ripped to shreds had he looked to the lower leagues. Personally, I'd have found it refreshing even if it hadn't worked out.

I hope that Cowden refuse to be bullied. Like every Cowden fan I'd prefer it if Lennon stays at Central Park, but he's earned his shot at the big time. I hope that Danny Lennon does a good job at St Mirren and manages to keep them in the SPL. Then at the end of next season, when Walter Smith finally packs it it, I hope that Rangers approach Lennon, show him around Ibrox, then tell St Mirren that they want Lennon - but as they are in some financial bother, they've decided not to compensate St Mirren. I'm sure the St Mirren board and fans will understand, and will sympathise with Rangers in their sad plight. They will also, I'm sure, sympathise with Rangers fans who post: "I hope we get him for nothing anyway, it's the best thing for us. f**k anyone else." ;)

We certainly will. But I'm not sure going to Rangers would improve him as a manager. If he does a good job at Saints he could possibly get lined up for one of the top EPL posts. ;)

That was coming, to be fair.

As I've already said, I hope it gets sorted out in a respectful manner. I've no desire to see 'smaller' clubs with a bit of history and integrity behind them being shafted.

Who is bullying exactly? Do you actually know anything about the negotiations between the clubs (if there are any) or what is being said? Or are you taking your cue from the media who also have no idea what is going on?

Cowdenbeath can only expect to get the remainder of Lennons contract paid for. Which is roughly 12 weeks wages. If Lennon has been offered the job and wants to take it badly enough he will simply resign and take it anyway. Compensation will be worked out and that will be that.

There is no point in speculating based on anything in the media because they have no idea about what is actually going on either. Just like you and me. Both clubs have kept very quiet about it and rightly so. That's the right way to do business.

Who is bullying exactly? Do you actually know anything about the negotiations between the clubs (if there are any) or what is being said? Or are you taking your cue from the media who also have no idea what is going on?

Cowdenbeath can only expect to get the remainder of Lennons contract paid for. Which is roughly 12 weeks wages. If Lennon has been offered the job and wants to take it badly enough he will simply resign and take it anyway. Compensation will be worked out and that will be that.

There is no point in speculating based on anything in the media because they have no idea about what is actually going on either. Just like you and me. Both clubs have kept very quiet about it and rightly so. That's the right way to do business.

To be fair, I reckon he was responding specifically to GAD's post, and it's particular tone.

Mate you are jumping to made up conclusions.

There has been NO official statement from ether club. Until then lets see what happens. I'm sure you have read most Saints fans fully support compensation to your club. What are you due though ? I would say the remaining sum of his salary as it runs out in September.

If your club are looking for more by going to a tribunal they will end up with less than they wanted due to the short spell left in his contract. So the ball will be firmly on your own club.

Would be nice to hear more about Lennon :)

To be fair, I reckon he was responding specifically to GAD's post, and it's particular tone.

Yeah I know he was. :lol:

I'm sure GAD wasn't even remotely at the wind up.

There have been one or two outraged Cowdenbeath fans on this thread though. And they are pissed off about maybe losing their manager which is fair enough. What isn't fair enough is to start getting all upset based on speculation in the media. Until someone from either club actually makes comment then there's nothing to go on really.

Yeah I know he was. :lol:

I'm sure GAD wasn't even remotely at the wind up.

There have been one or two outraged Cowdenbeath fans on this thread though. And they are pissed off about maybe losing their manager which is fair enough. What isn't fair enough is to start getting all upset based on speculation in the media. Until someone from either club actually makes comment then there's nothing to go on really.

Ach, you're a hard man Foxy. Where's your heart? :P

Finally, some decent and productive news about this. Let's hope Lennon is what he is cracked up to be and has the makings of a very decent manager. He has obviously done a very good job at Cowdenbeath by getting back to back promotions.

I see Killie are adopting the OF style of identifying targets. We identify a potential manager ie. McStay, Lennon. Suddenly Killie also show an interest but far too late.

I knew that he had back to back promotions with Cowdenbeath but thats about it. And that is still impressive considering the state that club have been in.

He's only been in charge for two years so it's a bit unfair to say "but that's about it". What else was he supposed to do?

According to Jim Spence (who admittedly is a muppet), it was a club spokesman who told him Cowdenbeath were after "silly money" so there must be some element of truth. Mind you, we don't have a press/media department at the club so I'm always intrigued when I see quotes attributed to a club spokesman.

He's only been in charge for two years so it's a bit unfair to say "but that's about it". What else was he supposed to do?

According to Jim Spence (who admittedly is a muppet), it was a club spokesman who told him Cowdenbeath were after "silly money" so there must be some element of truth. Mind you, we don't have a press/media department at the club so I'm always intrigued when I see quotes attributed to a club spokesman.

I was saying that's about it as far as what I knew about the guy. I wasn't dissing what he did with Cowdenbeath.

I'm sure we will pay respectable compensation but surely Cowdenbeath won't hold out for a ridiculous amount. The manager will now be unsettled and everything should come through pretty quickly. They're saying 'we won't meet their demands' so theres probably more chance that Cowden are 'disrespecting' us

Why didn't you answer my other point?

Archived