The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup heard Lennon's been offered a 2 year deal apparently and he wants to have the weekend to consider it and he will make a decision on Monday.

Good ambitous appointment from the board if he says yes ( which i'm sure he will ).

[/quot

He wants the weekend to make his mind up because Killie have apparently made an approach but it's already a done deal.

Cowdenbeath's Danny Lennon has been offered the manager's job with St Mirren and is considering the Scottish Premier League club's approach.

It's been said by a few of us and I agree in that all names in our list were a 'risk' Lennon has proved himself working under very hard financial circumstances. He carries a bit of luck which you need in football , is also coming from a small club to a bigger club with brand new facilities. I'm sure he will wont to work hard for success to move even further up the ladder to a bigger club.

All in all I'm happy.

It's been said by a few of us and I agree in that all names in our list were a 'risk' Lennon has proved himself working under very hard financial circumstances. He carries a bit of luck which you need in football , is also coming from a small club to a bigger club with brand new facilities. I'm sure he will wont to work hard for success to move even further up the ladder to a bigger club.

All in all I'm happy.

The merchants of doom over on the blackandwhitearmy are already in negative mode before the guy even gets a chance ffs.

The merchants of doom over on the blackandwhitearmy are already in negative mode before the guy even gets a chance ffs.

Luckily, B&WA doesn't work on my computer anymore, only on phone biggrin.gif

Pleased with this appointment, much more than I would have been with McStay or Wilson.

Also I see in the BBC article that Killie are reported to be interested in GM - joyous days to come!

Good move by St.Mirren. Lennon has done well against the odds with Cowdenbeath so the potential is there. I was surprised that Gus was punted. Has there ever been any reason given for the decision?

It's a gamble if we appoint him, I won't pretend to know what he's done at Cowdenbeath other than the obvious double promotions, no reason he can't be another Levein though, I'd rather we took a chance to progress but get relegated rather than stagnate In 11th or 10th every year.

....I was surprised that Gus was punted. Has there ever been any reason given for the decision?

>cough<"New Direction">cough< :ph34r:

God knows what that direction is.

Most of us assumed we were heading towards bringing through youth players. With the possible appointment of Lennon I've no idea if he's brought through youth players or not.

Good move by St.Mirren. Lennon has done well against the odds with Cowdenbeath so the potential is there. I was surprised that Gus was punted. Has there ever been any reason given for the decision?

Nothing apart from 'The club needs a change of direction'. I think Gus was great for us and took us a long way but to be fair, relegation was looking more and more likely and most of the fans disliked him anyway.

Onwards and upwards, though. I think Lennon will do a good job smile.gif

Nothing apart from 'The club needs a change of direction'. I think Gus was great for us and took us a long way but to be fair, relegation was looking more and more likely and most of the fans disliked him anyway.

Onwards and upwards, though. I think Lennon will do a good job smile.gif

Cheers :)

I really don't know if this is a good of bad appointment. I'd actually warmed to the thought of Willie McStay or Tommy Wilson in the dugout as you'd imagine both would be well connected within the game.

However, Lennon has had more success at 'beath than both Paatelainen and Levein did. So that seems to be a good enough omen. Interesting to note though, that the BBC have now withdrawn their 'job offered' statement and we now only want him as manager again according to them.

I really don't know if this is a good of bad appointment. I'd actually warmed to the thought of Willie McStay or Tommy Wilson in the dugout as you'd imagine both would be well connected within the game.

However, Lennon has had more success at 'beath than both Paatelainen and Levein did. So that seems to be a good enough omen. Interesting to note though, that the BBC have now withdrawn their 'job offered' statement and we now only want him as manager again according to them.

Cowden gave Danny Lennon his start in management. He made some mistakes in his first season, but he learned from them and did a fantastic job. He has earned his chance at a higher level. We took a chance on him as a manager and he had "on the job" training at Central Park. I hope that St Mirren, having unsettled Lennon and in fact the Cowden team, will now play fair on compensation.

Cowden gave Danny Lennon his start in management. He made some mistakes in his first season, but he learned from them and did a fantastic job. He has earned his chance at a higher level. We took a chance on him as a manager and he had "on the job" training at Central Park. I hope that St Mirren, having unsettled Lennon and in fact the Cowden team, will now play fair on compensation.

I'm sure we would... if we had the money laugh.gif

What have the Romans done for us?

I mean by that, I dont know what kind of manager he is, is he attacking, defensive minded, I know he was an attacking midfielder (or at least thats how i remember him), what way he plays, i dont know anything about him managerially as Ive never seen Cowdenbeath play while he's been in charge.

So do I.

Asumming he isn't on much more than £40K - £50K P/A, than surely the most we'd be looking at for 3 months or so is £10K - £12K (maybe £15K at a stretch). Unless, of course, the is more to compensation than effectively paying off the contract. For a club in Cowden's position, I hardly think they could be looking for a king's ransom.

Archived