The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The job was only offered to him yesterday. Gilmour says there could be an announcement towards the end of this week/early next week. It's not taking too long yet, start to worry if he isn't appointed by Monday.

McStay was interviewed just over a week ago. As we now know new owners are still some distance away from buying the club. Like Billy wrote it has dragged out a bit. I think Celtic might have offered Willie the number 2 position. I'm guessing that.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McStay was interviewed just over a week ago. As we now know new owners are still some distance away from buying the club. Like Billy wrote it has dragged out a bit. I think Celtic might have offered Willie the number 2 position. I'm guessing that.

Lennon is bringing in his own men - Mjallby, Thomson and some guy he played with at Leicester (Parker I think?). At best for McStay, he'll be pushed aside. Mjallby was number two to Lennon last season and can't see that changing if both are still at the club next season.

I'm beginning to agree Ian. Process is taking too long , unless Cellic are still deciding whether there's a place for him with them ? :(

To be fair look how long it's taking cellic to appoint Lennon as their manager....

Yes your right. The three of us must meet up for a pint in the new season

I humbly beg to differ,make that four!!!! Glenburn Bud, make a note in your diary please.laugh.gif

A manager please,somebody.........soon..........rolleyes.gif

John Collins not been mentioned as a candidate? call it stupid if you want but it could turn into a St. Mirren version of when Hibs hired Tony Mowbray :unsure:

John Collins not been mentioned as a candidate? call it stupid if you want but it could turn into a St. Mirren version of when Hibs hired Tony Mowbray unsure.gif

Collins may have caught the eye of the boards at St Mirren and Kilmarnock, who have vacancies following the departures of managers Gus MacPherson and Jimmy Calderwood respectively, but neither appeals to the former Hibernian boss.

"Nice little football clubs, but not for me," said Collins.

John Collins not been mentioned as a candidate? call it stupid if you want but it could turn into a St. Mirren version of when Hibs hired Tony Mowbray :unsure:

Or it could end up the St Mirren version of when Hibs hired John Collins.

What a complete knob Collins comes across as with that quote. He was a fucking failure as a manager, that kind of pompous attitude perhaps indicates part of his managerial deficiencies.

F*ck off ya couple of freeloaders :P

It will have to be pencilled in as we have spoke about it so often. Bar point is now bar of choice for me. Buy you first drink get the second have price , well I am a buddie after all. I would be prepared to come to the court bar though.

Back on subject.

Tick tick tick Not long now :)

I'm still not convinced Balmer would be the right man for the job.

He's no Killie connections so he wont get it. It's a well known fact that Gilmour is obsessed with collecting Killie memorabilia.

He's no Killie connections so he wont get it. It's a well known fact that Gilmour is obsessed with collecting Killie memorabilia.

Killie memorabilia you say , hmm, indeed, from a purely business perspective it would be a prudent obsession, such trinkets certainly increase in value after the passing of their original connection.

Maybe pop down myself and cherry pick up some finest Ayrshire kitsch <_<

He lives in Kilmarnock.

Archived