The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's quite obvious no one really knows who the new manager is going to be. Sportsound today reported Stuart Balmer as the leading candidate with Billy Stark and Tommy Wilson still in with a shout. No Willie McStay. The PDE contacted Billy Stark on Thursday night about his thought on being our new manager. Starks reply - No comment which surly points to him in the running.

The club has been a closed shop regarding new owners and new manager , however Stuart Gilmour has stated in the press that an announcement will be made in the middle of next week. tick tick tick tick

One of my work mates is good friends with Stuart Balmer so I will send him an e-mail on Monday and see if I can get any info.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's quite obvious no one really knows who the new manager is going to be. Sportsound today reported Stuart Balmer as the leading candidate with Billy Stark and Tommy Wilson still in with a shout. No Willie McStay. The PDE contacted Billy Stark on Thursday night about his thought on being our new manager. Starks reply - No comment which surly points to him in the running.

The club has been a closed shop regarding new owners and new manager , however Stuart Gilmour has stated in the press that an announcement will be made in the middle of next week. tick tick tick tick

One of my work mates is good friends with Stuart Balmer so I will send him an e-mail on Monday and see if I can get any info.

Not quite, the quote was:

“We are scheduled to meet again in the middle of next week and, hopefully, we will have some news then.”

Not bad considering the article is about there not being a shortlist :rolleyes:

Our "change of direction" appears to be to get in a manager who will oversee the development of the youth system. The main targets, ie McDowall & McStay, have made their names working with youth.

Eddie May was promoted from the position of head of youth development. It seems we're heading in the same direction.... rolleyes.gif

David Longwell it is then..............rolleyes.gif

I can't really see what Stark or Balmer could bring that would take us forward. I could be wrong, but I think most would have their doubts. Wilson would be an interesting one but a gamble. Of the remaining front runners McStay would 'have' to be the best candidate (if he is one?). I don't think Calderwood would fancy us and we're not going to pay a fee for someone like Adams.

Rumour on black and white army that Gus will be named as the new Colchester utd manager Tomorrow at a 1pm press conference taking Andy Millen and Stuart Balmer with him, if true this would rule Balmer out of the running to be our new man at the helm.biggrin.gif

Rumour on black and white army that Gus will be named as the new Colchester utd manager Tomorrow at a 1pm press conference taking Andy Millen and Stuart Balmer with him, if true this would rule Balmer out of the running to be our new man at the helm.biggrin.gif

John Ward got the Colchester utd job. Still big demand for Gus :lol:

Have sent an e-mail to a work mate who is mates with Balmer. He has opened the e-mail according to my works mail router but failed to give me an answer. I'm sure he does not want me blown my mouth before any official announcement as Stuart knows I'm a big Saints fan.

That's if Stuart is offered the job which according to BBC Sportsound will.

Balmer might not be the name of choice with the fans , me included, but I do know he was not impressed with Gus's style of management. Stuart Balmer has his own ideas on how to take the club forward which I know has impressed the board.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/colchester_united/8714412.stm

Nope.

Billy Stark is NOT in the running for the job. I have it on very good authority that he is not interested.

John Ward got the Colchester utd job. Still big demand for Gus :lol:

:lol: FFS Do you get any exclusives right?

If Stark, Balmer or Millen get the job we will be relegated next season. These three people will be another case of the board trying to do things on the cheap.

Id take calderwood but a cant see the board willing to take his enourage on of Nichol and Clark, so that rules him out.

Archived