The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I went and had a look through the history books and it would appear to be the case that Saint Johnstone Football Club have won f**k all in their entire history. How funny!

:lol:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did you do with the other 5 minutes and 30 seconds between your posts?

It actually took me a while to find St.Johnstone in the honours list. They were under G for gallant losers.

Kenny McDowall or Steve Clark. You have to laugh when the realistic calibre of candidate will be Jim Duffy, a nobody first-team coach or some geezer who played for the reserve team back in the 80's.

Tommy Wilson lifted the Scottish cup at Hampden that's something you fakes won't have experienced.

Fantastic, now fast forward to 2010 and fill me in on his management career. He's a fucking nobody!

A bit like your last two managers, who both did rather well for you (not including Coyle's half season sharing a managers chair at Falkirk with Hughes).

A bit like your last two managers, who both did rather well for you (not including Coyle's half season sharing a managers chair at Falkirk with Hughes).

Two well connected, highly motivated, career-driven individuals. Not some crusty old man from a dim and distant age when St Mirren were kings of Scotland!

Wilson's credentials for moving into management are pretty impressive, that he's never been a manager before would be a concern but then I'd rather go with someone like that than a dull choice like Calderwood or McCall for example.

Balmer seems a bit of a surprise on that list, but then again he has been an assistant and if he interviews well and presents his plans well then he might be a success. Just because say, Eddie May didn't work out doesn't mean that every internal appointment would be the same. I'd be surprised to see him get the gig though.

With McDowall out the running McStay gets my vote, but in truth anyone we get is a gamble.

Two well connected, highly motivated, career-driven individuals. Not some crusty old man from a dim and distant age when St Mirren were kings of Scotland!

Exactly what track record did McInnes have before he got the job?

Wilson has worked for Rangers and Scotland and wants to go into full time management of a club. Seems to cover all the qualities you have covered :)

Wilson's credentials for moving into management are pretty impressive, that he's never been a manager before would be a concern but then I'd rather go with someone like that than a dull choice like Calderwood or McCall for example.

Balmer seems a bit of a surprise on that list, but then again he has been an assistant and if he interviews well and presents his plans well then he might be a success. Just because say, Eddie May didn't work out doesn't mean that every internal appointment would be the same. I'd be surprised to see him get the gig though.

With McDowall out the running McStay gets my vote, but in truth anyone we get is a gamble.

What worries me is that when I think of guys who have gone from being a coach at one of the Old Firm to being a manager elsewhere in the last few years, I can only think of guys like John Brown and Jim McInally who have been disasters (although the latter did well at East Stirling).

There's probably someone obvious I'm missing.

It actually took me a while to find St.Johnstone in the honours list. They were under G for gallant losers.

It must take a while scrolling past F and all their fuddery.

What worries me is that when I think of guys who have gone from being a coach at one of the Old Firm to being a manager elsewhere in the last few years, I can only think of guys like John Brown and Jim McInally who have been disasters (although the latter did well at East Stirling).

There's probably someone obvious I'm missing.

Yeah, there's certainly no guarantees. The environment of working at the Old Firm will be different to us.

From that point of view McStay would be a great candidate having worked as a number one elsewhere. If he's a genuine contender I'd like to see him given a go.

Yeah, there's certainly no guarantees. The environment of working at the Old Firm will be different to us.

From that point of view McStay would be a great candidate having worked as a number one elsewhere. If he's a genuine contender I'd like to see him given a go.

Indeed McStay would be a first class appointment if his track record is anything to go by. Does anyone know if he has a applied for the job ?

I'm still not convinced Wilson is the man , however I will back the manager no matter who he is :)

It must take a while scrolling past F and all their fuddery.

It was ok I lingered on D for disappear. Which is what Fifesaint did when he realised he was out of his depth. <_<

It was ok I lingered on D for disappear. Which is what Fifesaint did when he realised he was out of his depth. <_<

All the deflection in the world won't make it any less funny. The prestige levels are falling by the minute.

I used to see a lot of Balmer and Reid at all the Falkirk reserve games, so perhaps as much as I hate to say this...they see a bit of Reid influence in there with what Reid has achieved at Hamilton.....

You can never look at a manager and know for sure it will work, Hughes at Hibs in 2009 could walk on water.....2010 he was walking on shite and then there is Mowbray..... :lol: My English club Tranmere backed John Barnes and there fortunes mirrored FFC in early season drivel. The Physio took over in the end and saved them from relegation on the last day, that really is comic book stuff.

Some of the names mentioned are interesting and Im sure whoever gets in will get the same backing as May got from FFC fans, but with hinsdsight the job was too big for May. The new St Mirren manager has the same whole new squad build as did Eddie on a lesser budget. A McStay or Wilson may have contacts in the youth circles, but what do they know about the experienced players required, Balmer on the other hand may have a rabbit in his hat with contacts down south from his playing days down there

Its a big big decision on an appointment and St Mirren fans will be glad from some noises in the press recently, nothing worse than silence

Archived