The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as you're unwilling to let this one go, why should the players watch their arses?

As I said in the post it could have many different meanings. It might mean they might get their arses booted. Who knows...

Only someone with a truly homophobic mind could have come up with something different. :rolleyes:

That's the problem with homophobes, they can't tell the difference between what is acceptable and what is bigoted.

It's round about now you should tell us you can't be bigoted as you have lots of gay friends, all of whom are behind you on this matter.

That's the problem with homophobes, they can't tell the difference between what is acceptable and what is bigoted.

It's round about now you should tell us you can't be bigoted as you have lots of gay friends, all of whom are behind you on this matter.

:lol:

jorg albertz is the latest pish I've read. He's not is he?

jorg albertz is the latest pish I've read. He's not is he?

A homophobe? I've no idea any more cause Thundermonkey is making up his own rules.

I'd like to join in the thinly veiled innuendo but I have to watch it. Any more warnings and I'll be getting my arse felt by Thundermonkey

A homophobe? I've no idea any more cause Thundermonkey is making up his own rules.

I'd like to join in the thinly veiled innuendo but I have to watch it. Any more warnings and I'll be getting my arse felt by Thundermonkey

i was refering to his interest in the st mirren gig, not his ethical viewpoint. Hey-ho.

We seem to be heading that way, with little in the way of info coming from the club their silence is deafening and I for one am rapidly losing patience with this sheer contempt for the fans.

St Mirren are the invisible club at the moment, there usually is a stick on swoop of who the manager will be the week after the slot is free

Most managers take a holiday after the season comes to an end. I would expect the middle of next week we will get introduced to the new owners who will go on to introduce their new manger to lead Saints into the new season. That leaves the new man plenty of time to sign potential players who's contracts mostly come to an end at the end of June.

No panic. :)

You communicate January onwards with players out of contract....usually the decent ones....

If its current board/owners for next season and its not Billy Stark who I suppose had U19 responsibilities, then it seems obvious that they got rid of Gus with no plan B ( dare I say world cup?? )

New owners/board and its an open book to what to expect

Does any St Mirren fans envisage, no new owners and Balmer and Millen being the new management team ?

I am looking forward to see who gets the gig, gone seem to be the days of the circle of managers who got the gigs....Altho Jim Duffy is available......

Does any St Mirren fans envisage, no new owners and Balmer and Millen being the new management team ?

Absolutely none as far as I know. Now that either makes you a complete visionary, or totally wrong. Time will tell, eh? ;)

St Mirren are the invisible club at the moment, there usually is a stick on swoop of who the manager will be the week after the slot is free

if we're invisible then what are diddy Ginger bottle league outfits?

If its current board/owners for next season and its not Billy Stark who I suppose had U19 responsibilities, then it seems obvious that they got rid of Gus with no plan B ( dare I say world cup?? )

New owners/board and its an open book to what to expect

I am looking forward to see who gets the gig, gone seem to be the days of the circle of managers who got the gigs....Altho Jim Duffy is available......

stark doesn't inspire but if that's who's got it then fair enough.

stark doesn't inspire but if that's who's got it then fair enough.

I'm struggling to think of any realistic candidate for the job who genuinely 'inspires'.

What would inspire, is some positive news as to the future direction of the club. The selection of a new manager would, under normal circumstances, be the main event. And things stand, there are so many variables, that the matter of appointing a new head coach is but one piece of the jigsaw. We've got to hope that the other pieces are in place soon, or MacPherson's successor is at risk of faring no better than he did.

Mrs sensible hasn't complained yet. Moaned a few times.. :P

I was wondering what Mrs Sensible got up to on the nights I'm round seeing St Sid's missus. :lol:

Mind you, St Sid told me that the reason he's so fat is because every time he shags your wife she gives him a biscuit. :P

That would be a relatively bold and imaginative appointment.

No complaints from me there, TBH.

Ticks all the boxes as far as I am concerned.

Has a good track record of working with young players, eager to get experience as a manager in his own right, good contact network and likely to be able to persuade Celtic to let Carey come back for another year.

Whoever gets the job MUST be able to help the club get value from Ralston, and that means you can put Stark or Tommy Wilson on the list for consideration IMO with Mixu as an outside bet. Can't see the new manager coming from outside those four names.

Ticks all the boxes as far as I am concerned.

Has a good track record of working with young players, eager to get experience as a manager in his own right, good contact network and likely to be able to persuade Celtic to let Carey come back for another year.

Whoever gets the job MUST be able to help the club get value from Ralston, and that means you can put Stark or Tommy Wilson on the list for consideration IMO with Mixu as an outside bet. Can't see the new manager coming from outside those four names.

I reckon you're spot-on in referring to the requirement to effectively utilise Ralston. To my mind, this is the 'new direction' to which the statement folowing the sacking of Gus referred.

McStay is a good shout, but given Mixu's record with our kids, I reckon he's in with a good shout - particularly if the current BoD are making the appointment, as he had a good relationship with them IIRC.

Archived