The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The usual vote style-ee. I've added a few that won't be anywhere near the job (Reid, McCall, and the like) more to bulk out the poll as there seems a dearth of possible candidates around. If you think I've missed an obvious one, then post it in the thread and I'll add it to the poll.

Edit: Thanks to Stu's link I have added the William Hill odds. (source as of 12/05/10)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steven Pressley.

I've purposely left Pressley off the list. You're not getting rid of the bearded w**k that easily.. ;)

However on a serious note, and not that I want to take it off topic, considering Pressley was so adamant he was going to stay with lolikirk wouldn't it be a major U-turn to apply for, or accept, another job now?

Tommy Wilson's been mentioned.

Wilson added.

I suppose I could add McCoist in there too seeing as we are being "soft linked" with all the Rangers staff.. ;)

I've purposely left Pressley off the list. You're not getting rid of the bearded w**k that easily.. ;)

However on a serious note, and not that I want to take it off topic, considering Pressley was so adamant he was going to stay with lolikirk wouldn't it be a major U-turn to apply for, or accept, another job now?

I don't think he's in anyway a contender. Just thought I'd throw him in there since you're such a big fan. :P

As for the u-turn, we've been through that before with Ian "Loyalty is my mantra" McCall. I wouldn't believe a single word regarding staying at a club that comes out of any manager or player's mouths. In fact I'd respect them more if they'd be honest and say, "you know what, I'm happy here, but if a bigger club comes along or even a similar sized one with more cash for wages then I'd be off like a two bob rocket".

When did Ric make his return?

Been back before we had secured our SPL status. In fact the daft 14[8+6] restructure thread dragged me out of hiding due to it being the fucking daftest idea known to man.

Didn't you say you would leave Britain if the tories got in?

Yes, although it wasn't on the exact day they were elected, my plans aren't fully in position yet.

Is tony fitzpatrick not in the running?

Strangely enough, not that I've read. Normally he's mentioned somewhere along the line.

McDowall - Wilson dream team.

I thought that when you mentioned Wilson. I had forgotten he was a Paisley boy. Do both have a contract? That said I don't see either of them moving to SMP. If I had to put money on it, it would be Stark that would come. Either that or Calderwood, however he has stated he doesn't want to manage another team at the bottom end of the league.

Ric - Wullie McStay has also been linked.

I would expect that is the same sort of thing as with McDowall.

McDowall/Wilson

Lennon/McStay (although I see Lennon and Mjalby were both being very pally at the end of last season).

I'll add McStay anyway, no harm in it..

Edit: I can't add McStay, 15 is the maximum number of options allowed. Who would have thought that there were so many "candidates" .. :lol:

I thought that when you mentioned Wilson. I had forgotten he was a Paisley boy. Do both have a contract? That said I don't see either of them moving to SMP. If I had to put money on it, it would be Stark that would come. Either that or Calderwood, however he has stated he doesn't want to manage another team at the bottom end of the league.

Please please please not Stark :(

Not sure about their Rangers contracts but I would not be surprised at all if McDowall and/or Wilson wanted into management at this stage. They would potentially be a popular choice as Scottish Cup winners with St Mirren and with a wide range of experience between them(albeit none in charge of a club).

Paisley Panda. He'll fit into Gus's club suit nae bother.

If so, I want the one from about 5 years ago. He got the sack for taunting the Morton fans with bars of soap! :lol:

Not just that, if I can find a list I'll post it, but he was told off loads of times for things like that. Playing the "air banjo" to the Morton fans at half time when the deliverance tune was on the tannoy, simulating a sexual act with a sheep in front of the QoS fans, and holding up a sign saying "see you next year" to the Falkirk fans when they were denied promotion..

Now that's what we want from a manager!

Please please please not Stark :(

Sadly it's been on the cards for a while now. Maybe I'm wrong but I can see him there. At least the players can practice lifting trophies by using his head. His jug like lugs would act as a perfect replica of the Scottish Cup.

Archived