Arnold Clark Horror Stories

7 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Having myself been screwed by A/C and reading thousands of similar stories about A/C on here and other places, how come so many people still use them?

They must have the worst reputation of any company I've ever heard of.

Probably because they have the monopoly on the car market other than that you have Peter Vardy or Macklin  plus a few others pretty much the Amazon of cars really.

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
42 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:
Probably because they have the monopoly on the car market other than that you have Peter Vardy or Macklin  plus a few others pretty much the Amazon of cars really.

Well that's just plain lies.

You have your smaller local dealerships but you get as many horror stories from them as well, end of the day just depends how lucky you are or not with certain dealerships.

19 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
20 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:
You have your smaller local dealerships but you get as many horror stories from them as well, end of the day just depends how lucky you are or not with certain dealerships.

Car dealerships are amongst one of the most saturated markets out there.

There are shed loads even in Inverness with a much better reputation than AC.

• 1 month later...

Bought a car off London road year and half ago. The skoda rapid 1.6 diesel 64 plate. Car has been back several times to Linwood because of a dpf issue and after the 5 time of being back my car engine blows up after 272 miles of skoda linwood fixing the problem and telling me the car was fine and no problems now there looking for money to fix it. Asked the service adviser what actually caused the engine to blow up (the conrod has came through the block) i was told it was my driving style and told not to question her years of experience.  There after sales are shocking. Not interested unless your paying yet again. Stay well clear of the skoda rapid 1.6 diesel people and the emissions recalls and looks like all get no further forward. STAY WELL CLEAR GUYS SERVICE ADVISER TRYING TO TELL AN MOT TESTER HOW A CAR WORKS .

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Excellent first post. Bit curious why an MOT tester would have bought it though, YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW YOUR STUFF! 

To be fair when I bought the car was ok but after the emission recall which I did not even agree to have done but they did it anyway after that had all the problems and the only reason I took the car back to them to get it fixed because i have paid for the warranty auto care and dont see why I should have to spend the money fixing it when they caused the problem in the first place 

I bought my current car from Arnold Clark and never had a bit of hassle with it or them to be honest.

It is a Golf right enough - if you are buying Skoda's etc then you take that gamble.  (I know its part of the same group but so is Frasers and Sports Direct).

Be less poor.

1 hour ago, Kevinwww said:

To be fair when I bought the car was ok but after the emission recall which I did not even agree to have done but they did it anyway after that had all the problems and the only reason I took the car back to them to get it fixed because i have paid for the warranty auto care and dont see why I should have to spend the money fixing it when they caused the problem in the first place 

Think you should look for another career if you're a MOT tester and don't know how to spot a shite car.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

Is this the new poster Adam101 or whoever it is?

Ive been here 3 years needs although a remarkable Girl I doubt she was posting on a Scottish Football forum at the tender age of 11