Arnold Clark Horror Stories

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

There's that many of them, it'll probably just be like a small lottery win each. Except they get it every year.

I'm not sure what the furlough fuss is about though. If they had their staff on furlough, are they not entitled to it the same as everyone else?

I think when old Arnold was around he controlled the majority of the shares and kept ‘the family’ in (in current terms) modest comfort. Now that he’s gone and the ownership has been split among the next generation they seem to be troughing into his legacy as hard and as fast as they can before anyone else gets their greedy snouts in. 

And the furlough scheme was an emergency measure to prevent big companies like this going down. After the event, while it provided an essential safety net at the time, it was often proven to create a surplus (as is also the case here) and honourable companies returned what they had received but ultimately did not need:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/businesses-give-back-13-billion-in-furlough-cash

’the family’ so far have not yet returned any of the £64M of furlough money received while in the subsequent year paying themselves a record £67M dividend. 

12 hours ago, Steven W said:

Bought a car from Arnold Clark a couple of weeks ago. Drove it from the dealership to Hampden for Scotland v England game and it broke down on the way (half hour after getting it) there. Managed to get to Hampden, but broke down again on the way home and had to abandon the car on the outskirts of Glasgow overnight - I couldn't believe it! 

They rescued the car the next day and got it repaired within 48 hours. Its been fine since then, but breaking down half hour after driving away must be some kind of record

Bought one at the Clydebank branch and the power failed on slip to Erskine bridge. Though was maybe just I'd misjudged acceleration.

Nope was a fault and it nearly cause accident the next evening cause of it.

Scumbags.

Cinch did better, well not really delivered with leaking oil filter and completely packed in two days later.

p***ks.